240 fan

ok so i actually dont own a nissan but really love the s13-15s they are some of nissans best cars I.M.O.

i actually own a 450awhp eagle talon but am curently looking for a 240sx to throw a 2JZ into.

i am actually doing a ton of reseach for a friend who owns a 91 240sx with a soon to be KA24DET-T. so far i have found out that the SR20 is a motor to stay away from ( main bearings keep blowin )where i live because of the altitude.

i dont understand this thread?are you asking if srs are good?or jzs or is this a wtb thread?this thread is useless

Sr20 isn’t a bad engine, I’m not sure who’s telling you that… If your looking for another 400+hp build though, yea you might wanna go with something with more displacement. Might reach your goal a lot faster…

Lets not turn this into an engine vs engine thread now

You may find this thread actually useful
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8983
There are also some guys on here who have done the 2jz swap as well.

SR20 is a motor to stay away from ( main bearings keep blowin )where i live because of the altitude.

thats the biggest croc of shit i have ever heard…
i’ve had my sr for 5 years or so running 14 psi snow,rain,blackholes no problems yet. maybe they forget to put oil in there cars, because of the altitude…

ka is a throw away motor, blows or goes throw her away get another. to rebuild it, its a waste of ur time and money. if your gonna rebuild a ka build it.

i do not live in ontario lol and the altitude is way different and that effects a motor huge. so when we try to run boost through a SR20 the main bearings give out. dont ask me why it happens it just does

where do you live Alaska?

no i live in alberta lol

my girl lives there and she tells me there are alot of SR20’s there so dont let ppl tell you stupidness!!