240sx please help

Ok im planning to buy a 89 240sx coupe from a friend this guy is chinese. Ok, well the car was running, know this seen him drive it to pick my bro up. I heard that the car had some electrical problem. So, he took it to futureshop to get it checked out and they stated it was the starter, he purchased a brand new starter and putted it in, but all he gets now is just a car struggling to turnover. Example when ur battery is like almost dead and your trying to start it all u get is a stuggleing car. Can someone please help me! He is selling it for 500$ with megan cat back, and strut bar, and the engine is a ka24e.

you didn’t phrase that in the form of a question

it can be anything. may it be the maf sensor, fuel pump, injectors need, amperage not good? more details on the actual problem. how is it when u try and drive it?

alternator or battery maybe? does the battery hold a charge once it has one?

what is the voltage accross the battery once the car is running?

if hes selling it for 500 bucks its not guna be in much better shape then the one u got from nelly. just to warn you. make sure u look over it GOOD now that you know what to look for and where.

but yeah try the battery or alt.

If Future Shop could not fix it then I doubt it CAN be fixed.

iv never heard anything so true.

bahahaha

man randy you mess up alot on your stories…
heres how it works.
i was driving down the d.v.p. when suddenly as i exited the ramp i was in 3rd and going about 70. when i stepped on my clutch the whole car died, no power steering, headlights nothing. then i brought it to m.y. racing and they thought it was a starter problem. we installed a brand new one and the car ran good for about 30 mins, then the samething happened again exact same breakdown. holding a charged battery didn do much acctually i think thats what fried my starter in the first place. BTW it wasnt futureshop, wtf would futureshop kno about the electrical mechanics of why my car kept dying?
btw randy you get the new gastanks, new starter, megan cat back n the rest of the car as is but im keeping the cusco struts, silvia front and the stance coils. anything else we’ve alrdy cleared up MORE than enough times on the fone or msn?

what does me being chinese have to deal with anything? and for the record im half flip half chinese

chinese ppl dont beat the hell out of there cars like us white ppl? i jump curbs and shit with me scratch it on perpose ect… i bet you dont do that?

thats my guess.

yeh i would say, i crash mine into a curb and bend my control arm and break my tc rod bracket in half :slight_smile: now im about to blow the piece of shit up :smiley:

lol chinese, that’s funny

Serious bro, what if he is chinese? And if you took your car to future shop to get checked, thats a big mistake.

he’s a dumbass, i was going to take my other s13 to futureshop to get my deck put in, not get the one i was selling him checked. this guy NEEDS to get his stories straight because clearly he’s dilusional.

thats cause hes lazy right cal right? ahem “cupholders” yeah i went there.

check the alternator

you bastard. waterloo lots arent sheltered and dont have heating… its far too cold to get out there… maybe when i’m back home.

ummm lay off the rice man, i have no idea what ur talking about lol