240sx thefts in toronto

I hear in a lot of parts in the US, 240’s are extremely wanted and really frequently stolen. Just curious what the records are like in SON. As some of you know, my decision of a new car is revolving around a 240 and a miata and this theft thing is really making this decision one sided…

just make sure you post where you live so i know not to steal your 240 or miata by accident…

oh and your schedule…

Well insurance wise im sure the 240sx will be cheaper because theyre cheaper to replace. A vehicle in general being stolen is a very low percentage and you can detur even further by having a flashing light like viper alarms offer. That being said, it really depends on what they are looking for and where they are looking.

Either way im sure more 240sx are modded therefore targeted but would having one make over the other deter a thief around your area from still trying to steal what he thinks he can profit from? I doubt it.

Go visit the Toronto Subaru Club forums, they have a whole section for their stolen vehicles lol I’ve skimmed through it and man it can really make you paranoid. Looks like thieves are really targetting those STIs atm. 99% of them straight from their driveways.

I don’t see too many “my car was stolen” threads here (which is good) there are a few but only pop up once in awhile.

lol I see lots of RSX parts in this link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/02/14/toronto-stolen-auto-parts.html

check northwestnissans.com

^they seem to have a new stolen thread every 2 weeks… out west BS…

Put a baby monitor inside and sleep with ease at night.

put a snake inside and sleep even better

As has been stated. If they want your car. They’re gonna take your car. Miata, 240sx, civic, subaru. It doesn’t make a diiference. So you can’t let that be the deciding factor of what vehicle you buy. And there are sooooooo many things you can do to prevent the theft. Immobilizers, xar alarms, fuel pump relay switches.

right but i have heard in the states people going as far as pulling a flat bed up to take cars, if they want it they will take it like stated earlier. Just get a 2-way alarm so when someone gets in you can get out and kick there ass lol. I heard viper proximity alarms work great too.

or maybe put a pissed of cat in your car. that might work. but then again it might crap all over your shit.

haha yeah, I guess I am just getting paranoid… I’ll just install a f-ton of anti-theft I guess… I think for me, a 240 would be better than a miata anyway x)

yea my alarm turns off the fuel pump, it isnt going anywhere…

if a theif wants ur car hes gonna get it even if its in ur garage

https://youtu.be/nKchooj-PQM

For sure but you gotta make it as hard for them as you can. I lock the garage from the inside. I have my top of the line alarm with pager/imobilizer etc , still have the club on (I know theres no point) and our brand new car parked behind the door on the outside. They have enough to deal with that they’ll have a golf club in the side of their head by the time they get through half of the obsticles.