2tone's 240

definitely agree… thats why I was happy that me and Jay could go out and handpick the engine. it sucked that we spent most of the day in the truck, but it made me feel better in the end.

when is this sr swap going down? i wouldnt mind lending some hands and s13 knowledge during the process :):):slight_smile:

the swap is going down as soon as there is a working motor. the help will be much appriciated. although, most of the final wiring, etc. will be done with the help of the fine people at 1st try.

all you sr20 guru’s will have to teach me how you detect a spun bearing when the engine is laying in a junkyard. i dont know that hand picking an engine would have helped us out a whole lot in this situation.

the wiring is fairly simple :slight_smile:

is the whole swap going to be done at 1st try? cause thats a stone throw from my house :slight_smile:

No pretty much everything else is going down at my house in the north hills. ya as shawn said hopefully soon i can get all of this straightened out and get this show on the road…its already been sitting around for a month collecting dust and id like to get the car moving with something other than a big ass strap and my civic. ps… ummm i found the tow hook this weekend :embarrased: ya ya ya i know i told you so blah blah blha…

no, North Hills.
considering that chad is being cheap and taking forever with the mustang, jeff’s shop was a little backed up.

oh well. i dont mind driving to north hills :slight_smile:

:rofl:

Mustang will be done/out of there in 11 days.

i hardly think the near $2000 ive spent is cheap :smiley:

just mad cause the GTP would tear up a certian silver WRX not only in a race, but cargo space

finally got ahold of someone at Osaka. They are sending the CAS out today priority mail, and they said call them back when i find out how much its going to be to fix the bearing and they will refund me that price. They still seem like a good company if you ask me…Im past my warranty and theyre still willing to fix everything thats wrong.

i think bad motors are bound to happen from time to time in that business. they are basically junkyard motors. but a company’s reputation should rest in how well they take care of the problem.

my skepticism isnt based on just my opinion. search the 240sx and honda forums for osaka motors. ive read more than a few horror stories about their business practice and their bad motors.

jimmy

ya but im sure theyrs horror stories from any junkyard… a used motor is a used motor. unless they rip apart each one and check it theyres not much you can do. at least theyre going to man up and pay for it. so i guess that keeps me happy in the meantime. until it blows up from me driving it =)

compression testing numbers could be available before purchasing like some of the more reputable places to better gauge your engines condition. the best proof of an okay engine is a video of your clip running before you purchase it like jarco will send :slight_smile:

im not saying that your engine is junk but that company just makes me nervous. i dont want to see someone go through all of that work to blow the motor up a few weeks later.

jimmy

it is junk.

what is jarco?

I agree kiddo.
I hope everything works out good.
And when you need someone to look good while standing around and watching just give me a call.

www.jarcoinc.com

they are the absolute best engine importer if your going to blindly order an engine!

best engine importer for who?

for somebody has doesnt have the time or means to see the engine they plan on buying before throwing down there money. if you mean car specific then the answer is the nissan specific community.

jimmy