300kms to the tank..

Ok put in a new O2 sensor and noticed little improvement…Do i need to reset the ECU?..smart idea to do so? easyest way to do this is unplug the battery and leave it for a while? The cars sitting right now as i break in my beater and make sure its fit for the snow…which also doesnt appear to get much better gas milage. What else could possibly kill my milage… :evil: Could the cold air intake have much effect as the MAFS would pick up more air going into the engine…but 240kms to the tank is BS and i run 91 for the hell of it…Timing on the car cam advanced but i turned it back looong time ago. sudjestons please…ive only ever let a shop do a rear brake line because i was stressed after replacing gas lines, fuel sending unit and the pump…i plan on keeping it away from shops if i can manage just as good of a job for less money.

did you check your coolant temp. sensor? If it’s not working properly, the ecu will constantly run your car in “warm-up” mode… throwing more fuel in there…

that’s easy to replace and pretty cheap as well

:frowning: That was changed a few months ago…couldnt be the temp sensor…

you know what i did some highway driving and i got 280km to half the tank! thats a frickin record but all i did was highway driivng (a lil enthusiasm but very little). Mostly cruise control.

I wonder if i could hit a high 400 when its to the bottom…

clean your injectors

I had them out…inspected them and they appeared to be fine…how do i go about cleaning them other than usuing injector cleaner stuff in the gas tank?

I know you said you checked your coolant temp, but I’d check the replacement one.
What is happening with your sohc is the same that happned with mine.
I was getting 300km or less to a tank highway, and running stupid rich till the point of flooding sometimes. In diagnostic mode, the ecu was throwing the coolant sensor code,
replaced it, and and everything was back to normal (also had to replace the o2 sensor and spark plugs from all the carbon fouling from running so bloody rich :?)