300ZX Swap needs help....again....

thanks a ton for the help to Joe (nitroinsane) and Devin (fuzzyfish) it’s running and running strong…joe’s count was 7 starts in a row…i’ve lost count…

there’s a tiny bit of smoke when i start the car, clear/white from the exhaust…but it stops like right away, its hardly anything noticable at all, and i’m going in for inspection tomorrow…

thanks for all the offers to help funky, when i posted earlier this morning i signed right off because devin was just pulling up, i live in cheektowaga right like a block away from the william exit from the 90…if you really wanna come over and work for drinks or food you’re more than welcome, like the guys said, all the wiring behind the head unit, and to the amp is totally fucked up…total hack job shit…i have lots of spare wire and switches and what not, so whenever you want drop me a pm and we can try to set up a day…i already owe a bunch of guys drinks next time we go out drinking or if i’m ever downtown, would be glad to add you to my I.O.U. list…

As long as youre there to rerun the wires the right way, pick up a 6 pack of blue and im there. :cool: pm sent

damn im always down for system installs…hit me up if u wanna lending hand

got an appt to get it inspected thursday morning…couldnt do it today, and can’t just leave it somewhere because the other daily driver (the old grand am) is getting some work done…

forced to drive the Z anyway though due to lack of any other vehicle…and it’s a DREAM…real smoothe…still re-learning how to drive it since i drove stick with it for a few months last summer, then it broke…and i haven’t driven it since last august…over a year…and back then, the clutch was fried, this one’s nice and new…

congrats andy glad to hear its running right

hey since your car is off the road, can i have your ECU for the rest of the season?

I WANT MORE BOOST!

:lol:

edit…i should have your volt meter with me downtown wednesday if you wanna come out and pick it up and get that drink i owe ya…

:word: :tup:

yea ill swing down if you are gonna still be out after i get outta work…

there getting drinks and food. shit i didnt even get a reacharound and thats commen courtesy

:word:

read the sig people…then you’ll know

been driving it all week, all yesterday, blah blah blah, and it was awesome, other than the stupid safety boost kicking in 80% of the time…which is a common and simple thing to fix on a ZX…and its rare that my car has a NORMAL problem, so i didnt mind it…

well last night driving around, i stop somewhere, coming back outside, and it wont start. and i’m not talking just wont start like a normal car would, but no power to the ecu…AGAIN…

the same thing we fixed is acting up again…but what doesnt make sense is that what we fixed, didn’t move…something new has to be causing the exact same problem…no dash lights, nothing, would turn over, all accessories work when key is in the on position…but it just keeps turning over without firing up…

i’m about to head out to it now…to see if it’ll start now, the ONLY thing i can think of at all that could have possibly done this is the extreme amounts of rain/moisture it was exposed to yesterday…something that shouldnt have gotten wet probably did…and that’s gay…if it doesnt work i’ll prob have AAA tow it back to my house, and i’ll have to start asking people to come over on the weekends again to see if anybody has from fresh ideas on what’s wrong with it now…

it just seems so wierd to me though that the problem i have is very very uncommon, or at least it is to me, yet has happened twice for different reasons…there is no way that what we fixed to get it running could have just undone itself and caused the same thing to go wrong, we made sure it wouldnt happen again, and no way would moisture have gotten to what we fixed last time…sodering all the wires and what not behind the head unit did the trick…now i have something new to worry about…

and on another note, for once the gay alarm wasn’t going off…usually when i had this problem, if i would try to start it and it not start…or do anything really, lights would start flashing like the alarm was going off as people can recall from my previous cries for help…this time that didn’t happen…which is also what leads me to think it’s a new problem, because if it was the old problem, those lights would have started flashing again…

:repost: n1c

sureshot can stfu…people that wanna post something useful…are more than welcome…

i have narrowed the problem down to the wiring behind the head unit because after checking some wiring earlier, it did nothing, and as a last attempt of frustration, i stuck my hand behind the head unit, and just shook around all the wiring behind it…and it started right up…3rd time playing with the radio fixed the problem…

cars are gay, especially nissan z cars…