350 z goes down tonight

people who mod saturns and owe ppl money are gay.

350z > caddy > saturn

In short, we have a meathead who was a cop and drives the most overpriced version of a richboys ferrari and thinks 390 horse is fast. These arnt hondas man.

I wanna see this new Camaro you speak of!

i like where this is going

haha shaggy

thanks shaggy !

nice kill. I have to disagree with a lot of the comments about 350z’s being slow. Purely stock… yes, most cars are (again depending on opinion). A few upgrades and they pick up quite a bit. Turbo kit, fuel system, and some internal reinforcment and they will embarass most cars out there. Still comparing a Z to an STS is a waste of time as there is nothing to compare.

the mods you just spoke of done to just about any vehicle and it embarrass things on the rod.

put a turbo on his STS and compare it vs a turbo 350z

in the end displacement rules all

A turbo, a built motor and a fuel system to support it? “that’s all?” wtf is left? Stock transmission and clutch? You should have just said “if you replace the entire drivetrain with something purpose built and potent, it can be fast”

Do you have an extra chromosome you’re not telling us about?

I thought this ignorance ended with people my dad’s age, then again I don’t know how old you are. A ls9 will outpower a ls7 all day long even though it gives up .8 liter. Put forced induction on the ls7, the ls9 will still win b/c it can handle higher boost levels. In the end, the build rules all.

My point was that they can be made fast. Most here chuckling at them b/c they’re soooo slow… please. Yeah, you can do bpu upgrades like a dp, intake, and exhaust and they’ll pick up nicely. And ummm yeah, I realize this can be done to every car, again I was just saying they’re not quite as slow as what most here say. Sorry, I’ll try to follow your words verbatim next time so no one’s feelings get hurt.

Wow, throw imaginary money at a hypothetical car and you can pretend to make it fast as fuck for bench racing. Now there’s a concept.

They’re slow cars and most of the owners are homos that think they rule the road. And when anything reasonably fast gets brought up, they’ll spout off how they’ll “kill them in the twisties” without fail. Not much appeal there, at least not for me.

yeah but all you have to do put a ls9 or a 572 with 4 or 5 stages of nitrous into the STS and it will pick up quite a bit too. It should embarass some of the cars out there. Especially if you pick a motec system exhaust. Make sure you get 2 of the big bottles though if you get the 572.

oh yeah… and a cold air intake.

Dude, what are you talking about? I was just talking about basic performance upgrades on a 350z in my last post. And a hypothetical 350z that has been built with all that imaginary money you speak of has been around for a year already. The shop that did the tune on my car has built a 350z that has run a 9.35 and put out over 1200rwhp on a mustang dyno. Yes, that is a built engine, but they’re still using the 3.5 platform with the stock 6 speed. I would expect that most engines making that sort of power are built. And I don’t talk bench racing, just like I don’t talk all hard behind a keyboard.

Putting a different engine in the STS proves what point exactly? You’ve changed the STS platform to compare it to a car that it isn’t meant to compare to in first place. Put a ls9 in a 350z and what does that mean? :dunno: Changing engines completely in cars like you’re talking about is really a pointless conversation cause it will never end.

u STFU

get the hell out of here. You don’t talk bench racing, but you’re quoting shit that other people have built. Lemme guess… next he’s gonna be your ‘buddy,’ and it’ll be 1700rwhp and crack off 8’s. on all season tires. in the rain. uphill.

Basic performance upgrades on a 350z is still probably slow enough that you don’t actually need to wear a helmet at the track per NHRA rules (I’m embellishing a bit obviously)

If you pull a motor out to build it and replace all of the parts with new ones (VQ35 based motor I’m guessing?), what’s the difference if you replace it with new parts that are different (LS9 in an STS). Just food for thought. I don’t care either way :op:

:bowrofl:

bullshit, you dont necessary need a built motor or fuel systme to run a turbo. Please dont go on saying stock v8 motors wont hold psi or power. I can easily prove that statement wrong and have been.

a ls9 is a 377 ci motor a LS7 is 427. displacement always wins period. you put boost to a 427 ci motor it will make more powre then a 377. your put boost to a 640 big cheif it will make more power then a 572

BS the Ls9 still uses hypercast pistons just as the LS7. Ls7 have TI rods, both motors are stout from factory. your talking about LS motors which eveyrone knows are touched by god.

in the right hands a STOCK INTERNAL LS motor will make every bit of 800hp easily with FI. No one in the LS world has truely found the weak link in the motors. some push water, some lift head and bend rods cause of coolant in cylinders. if you dont detonate the LS motors last