3M rubberized undercoating

Anyone used this stuff?
http://3m.hillas.com/GetThumbNail.aspx?Type=item&Image=13844&Size=236

I picked up 2 cans today to spray some parts on the '55 Chevy project…and kept having an issue with where the spray simply stopped. It was as if the can was all of the sudden empty, but it was actually the nozzle clogging up sparatically. Was pretty annoying, had to soak the tip with laquer thinner every so often to open it back up. Is this normal for this stuff to do this?

i’ve had that happen with spray paint, just keep all my old “tips” of the cans around for when it happens.

Its not just 3M undercoating,seems like all undercoating likes to that.Its usually worse when it cooler out.They seem to spray fine in the summer.I am sure its do to it being thicker when it cold.

It is normal for this to happen if it is a little chilly. Also, if it is really humid it will look gray when it dries. Usually you can take a heat gun to it very LIGHTLY and get it warm for it to turn black. Usually when the sun comes out and bakes it then it will be alright.

Yea, that’s pretty typical with that stuff; I just ended up “wiping” off the tips every couple minutes when it clogged and it sprayed better. It’s worse in colder weather.

I’ve got like 6 or 7 cans of stuff coating the inside of my Firebird for sound-deadening; worked great!