4.6 L 2V Junkyard Jewel

I was web surfing and i found this article. I thought it was interesting so i thought i would share.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0804_ford_4_6_engine/index.html

nice readup… i love their builds on that site

heres another one of my favs… cranking 301HP out of a N/A v6

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0208_chevy_43l_262ci_v6_engine_build/index.html

It will be interesting to see how the new aftermarket 4.6 2V heads are going to perform.

Def not bad for what they were working with but at $4k for that build I’d pass since who knows how well that motor would hold together.

i hear you on that but its cool cause these engines are a dime dozen,but then again you could do the ls1 thing:picard:

They could have gotten something like a 02 explorer motor and started with that base instead of a beat 97 motor…

I’m not a big fan of a carb on it, but whatever…

I’ve seen some really wicked built up explorer motors that make over 300 at the wheels totally N/A…

The parts are getting cheaper to hop these motors up… A cammed 4.6 sounds really neat…

meh, i wouldnt try to do an NA build on a ford OHC engine in the first place

I don’t disagree that they can make decent N/A power but for $4k I’d rather have a forged '03 Cobra motor from a junk yard. Still a cool read. I’d like to see what these motors would make with the new 2v heads and a built bottom end.

4.6L is a SOHC, not a OHV.

stfu Wahoo… where in my post did i say OHV?

OHC = Over Head Cam

i :picard: lol, im at work i should of read it twice. but most people say SOHC = single over head cam.

Yes, 03-04 Cobras have limitless potential, that is why I love them. That and the fox, theres something about the primitive box design… one thing is for sure, if i were to do anything with a modular ford, it would involve boost!

:fry:

I actually prefer the sound of a boosted mod engine than that of a boosted LS engine.

That’s about all I prefer about it though…

Are you reffering to the eaton/KB cobra whine?

Last i checked a centrifugal blower/ turbo sounds the same on an Lsx and mod motor :gotme:

what about a briggs and stratton?

Back on topic…I know trick flow is comming out with an aftermarket head for the 2V, is AFR or anyone following suit? How about for the 4V? I have been out of the Mustang loop since my MM&FF subscription ran out :frowning:

:picard:

Blazers are not fast!!! and 301hp CRANK HP in a 3500lb suv or s-10 isnt fast!!!