4WD S14?

I was woundering since, the all famous RB’s are now alot easier to swap thanks to Mckinney, how difficult would it be to swap in the front differential of a skyline and all that mumbo jumbo to make the s14’s or s13’s 4wd.
It has to be difficult because i haven’t heard of any one doing it.
But, it would deffiently be worth it.

1. Your a sleeper car
  2. Faster drifting
  3. just cool mod

Im sure anything can be done with money… an AWD 240sx … sure

umm lets see, pricing

beat up unknown milage rb26 motorset, 5000$
motormounts, etcs, 1500$
custom rad $$$
Downpipes, and exhuast$$$$
Intercooler system$$$
s14 price? 5-10000$

gtr price, 10-15000$

now lets examine the differences in the chasis’s.
the gtr uses a completly different type of suspention that will not bolt into a s13/s14, so thats custom. The transmissio tunnel will probably need to be modified, thats custom. All the wiring and sensors for AWD need to be swapped

bottom line, you’re an idiot for asking.

Putting money aside, what do you guys think would have to be done to accomplish 4WD, which is essientialy all the drivetrain from the skyline

First of all the downpipes trany mounts and all of that stuff are now available at Mckinney, check before you start calling people idiots.
And second i was just bringing up the idea not liek im going to go out and do it.

And at no time did I as the amount of money this will cost, simply asking what a person would have to do. Becuase the rear wheel drive is possible already, the majority of the custom work would have to be underneath the front subframe, to somehow get a differential in their.

YO MAN I TINK IT WUD BE C00L IF U GOT AWD CUZ IT WUD MAKE YR DRIFTING SOOO FAST AND SLEEPER SINCE YOUR POWER IS 2 ALL WHEELZ!

THAT IS COOOOOL!

ask around how well Mckinney mounts work, secondly, yous you are an idiot for even contemplating it.

and incase you didn’t have the slightest clue, screwing with your suspension geometry is a very very very very bad idea.

Why? just to be different? gimmi a break, if you want awd buy a gtr, gtst4, awd laurel, awd cefiro, gtir, blue bird, etc etc all are legal, all are cheaper.

At what point during this post did i say i was going to do this, i was asking how difficult it is, thats all.

better idea would be to buy an r32 gt-r and convert it to LHD… then you’ll have a car worth talking about, and it would be possible for less than $1k, with cosmetics and amenities jacking that up to say $5k

heres a link of someone doing a awd s14 using a front clip from a gtr.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373022&page=1&pp=25

yea your rite on that, the cheapest alternative would be just to buy a gtr and convert to left hand drive, but that is an espensive endeavour. I would say roughly 5-7k considering its all custom and no ones done it to my knowledge. Well, someone probably has, but no one in ontario.

wtf? there are 3 or 4 lhd r32’s in ontario.

look into things before you speak child.

yea right, thats pretty cool conversion. No need to get all worked up about it, i said according to my knowledge i didn’t lay it down as an fact.

Wow so much negative hate. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

This can be done and Full Race is offering a pretty simple solution. For around 8-10K you will send your chassis to them and they will convert your car to accomodate the entire RB AWD system including -the subframes, suspension, etc. This way the suspension geometry stays the same and all that.

You will have a Skyline in an S14. Not cheap but again not that bad.

wow, that would be pretty amazing setup. It would indeed be expensive, but to most people the kouki s14 looks a lot nicer then the all the skylines, except for the obvious R34, which won’t be road legal for another couple of years. Thanks for the insight, a AWD s14 would be pretty crazy.