Rb26 into an 89

alright, i’ve always wanted a skyline, maybee once i get 20 grand…
so, next best thing, a 240 with the rb26. Every swap i’ve seen has used th rb25 tranny, and changing the oil pan (which contains the front diff and drive shafts)in favour for a regular one. Is it possible to retain the all wheel drive? I think it is the clearance between the bottom of the oil pan and the ground that prevents people from trying it but im not sure. Has anyone ever seen an AWD RB26DETT 240sx? If that has been done that would be badass! Also i know that the swap would probably cost over 20 grand to get right so dont tear me apart on that!

Thanks,
Dan

seeing as how you havent searched the topic enough, im going to say you have one of 2 choices.

1. buy a skyline GT-R, you can get them for less then 20 grand, also might want to search that out.

2. just dont even think about trying to swap a full GT-R drive train into a 240sx, it wont fit without major fab skills, im guessing you dont have them if your asking if this is possible, since anything is possible if you have the money and the skills.

so in closing i musy say, spend more time searching the options before asking, lots of threads on here, and more on freshalloy and zilvia about this, you totaly better off wating till the install kit from that guy on zilvia is done for the RB26, and just use a RB25 tranny. 240SX’s where rear wheel drive for a reason, plus no advantages for awd in a 240 anyways.

Rob

the only reason why I dont want to use an sr20 is because even when completly built for racing the power potential is much less than the rb26. and how can you say there is no advantages for awd in any car. The work that im looking to do to the motor would be overwhelming to any rwd car without full drag spec suspension. whereas with awd you can hookup much more tourque without going to an all out drag suspension. Also the price of skylines i stated wasnt an exact number, it was a ballpark guestimate, based on the autotrader webpage. I have done plenty of research on rb26 swaps,and all I could come up with was the rb25 tranny swapped in. Also it is much quicker to just ask people then to look for hours online and find the same car a bunch of times. Also dont question my fabrication skills unless you know me, and i want planning on swapping the full drivetrain by myself. And i know nothing is impossible when it comes to engine swaps, but again I was simply questioning the swap while retaining the basic structure of the car, not building around a drivtrain.

If you have skill and knowledge don’t ask, just find your self a 240 and do it.

im lockin this up.

i highly suggest you do a little reasearch before starting anything.

GT