5/24/08 - OFFICIAL NYSpeed Spring BBQ @ Dunnville Autodrome

its because Joe loves our long drives along the beach…

they r the best drives

it’l be good to have a trailer incase someone wrecks… :tup:

im driving on the course, so if u want to ride along in another speed, your more than welcome to

i am new here. i just paid and excited to be in this event. so how many ppl from buffalo are going?

Mostly everyone that’s going is from the buffalo area.

I see, good to know. looks like is going to be a good time.

Should be a good relaxing time and a fun learning environment :tup:

I’m looking forward to it as well.
You don’t seem like a douchebag like all of our other new members as of late, look forward to meeting ya.

haha thanks! I may just have to take you up on that…really give me the itch!!!one

If anyone wants to carpool let me know, I’ll be driving from southern WNY

If someone wants to tag along from the Olean area I’ll drive up from there, if not I’ll probably stay in the Buffalo area and leave in the AM Saturday if someone wants to leave from there. I will have a crew cab diesel (probably) and throw my tools, floor jack and jack stands in the back… just in case.

***As I said before I’ll also be trailering the car so if someone breaks I’ll gladly tow their car back.

Also, since I am a track-with-turns rookie if someone wants to give me a few tips on how to drive my SS I wouldn’t turn you down.

David Basil
716-479-5123 is my cell
davidb@basilofwellsville.com
davidbasil528@hotmail.com

yess… balls to the walll at all times, no exceptions.

1 spot left still. :tup:

Welcome :wave:

Like they said, most of the people going are from the WNY area.

lol, and burnouts whenever possible.

so like this… (about 3 years ago when I was changing the sneakers)

^^^ YESS MORE MARO!!!

that pictures is so old… its been lowered, new wheels/tires, new brakes/calipers powdercoated etc so it looks quite different now but I still love that picture… its in my office at work and people always comment on it.

haha i like that pic^, for the driving tips try to get a ride during the intermediate-advanced driving session for a few minutes and just notice driving line, braking distance, when people shift into gears in corners. i can give you a little hint also, once your tires are warm and youre on “curve grande” at a controllable speed (45-60ish) as youre going around the corner (and nobody is near you) gently tug on the steering wheel a few times, this is what i do to test my tire grip on the track surface. basically if the ass end breaks loose youre at the max of your tires or you should air down your pressures. if youre fine, then youre fine and go faster to see when it starts to get sketchy. of course only do this if you can correct out if your car starts drifting ;). wish i could be of more help for the F-bod guys im not sure what youre tire pressures would be, im gonna guess start at 40-42psi? anybody chime in if you know (and im talking about race pressures, not cold inflation temp)

well on my FWD mazda, when i autoX or track it, i run 41lbs. in the front and 43 in the back.

this creates a little rotation in the back and allows me to trailbrake when/where i want to.

if ur really serious about pushing your car to the limits out there i suggest doing some AutoX events first and get a feel for braking zones, where and how to turn in(initiate corner entry) and also the maximum adhesion limits of your vehicle.

id agree with those suggestions. brake in a straight line well ahead of the corner (sounds stupid to mention but some people may not realize this). However at solo you will never corner at speeds on the track. also tire air temp spiking isnt as serious in solo since runs last 90sec tops; its another story when youre stressing the rubber for 30+min sessions: cornering, hard braking, and reaching 110+mph on straights. also tire pressure in F vs R is personal choice, as you said you like your pressures highre in the back for rotation (me too).

this is for DOT slicks but you get the idea on how to dial in your pressures:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=58

I plan on pushing it but since this is my first time and I just want to have a good time I probably won’t go all the way to the edge.

since it’s your first time you’re going to learn real quick that to just stay on the race line when all factors are perfect will take you 4-5 track days. (assuming you don’t just want to turn it into a drag race and cruise the turns)

you’ll be hooked instantly. :smiley: