5/24/08 - OFFICIAL NYSpeed Spring BBQ @ Dunnville Autodrome

My spot has been sold!

guess ill be cruisin up along side psychopjv tomorra. as long as this clutch im putting in has no issues :gotme:

^How early are you guys going?

I think I might go up there in kevins vw

i think pat was saying 10-10:30ish…

could be wrong though :gotme:

i still have my spot for sale anyone??? pm me

If anyone want’s to go over really early, I am leaving at ~6am, and I am told by the cake girl that I should have someone holding it for that long of a drive… If no one wants to, I will figure it out, but if someone wants to go really early I am more than appreciative!

This is what Josh said from the drivers email:

To all of those who have registered for our first event, I first want to say thank you. You’re enormous response to what we’re doing will fuel our efforts as we go forward!

This email outlines the itinerary for the Summer START event on Saturday May 24th. Please read it and if need be, print it out so you know what’s going on!

Organizer Note: The upcoming Volume 2 DVD will not be for sale at this event. Due to the amount of effort needed to put together this and the other events we have planned for the summer, it would have been impossible to finish the DVD to the standards we require. It’s release will take place sometime over the summer.

Before the event:

Make sure you have proper ID on you before you leave for the track and cross the border. (For those coming from the U.S.) You’ll need your drivers license and birth certificate. While the border is still relaxed on the new rules, make sure that you do not forget these forms of ID or your day may be cut short!

Those who are registered to drive need to read the Onyx Syndicate Track Day Handbook [CLICK HERE] and sign the waiver on the back page. You’ll need to hand in the signed page as you enter the track.

8am - Official, Filmed Cruise to Dunnville

The official cruise to the track will be meeting in the parking lot of Wal Mart on Thompson Road, Fort Erie, Canada at 8am. (Thompson road exit off of the QEW, shortly after the Peace Bridge) This is so that we’re not crossing the border with a large group of cars. We will be leaving Wal Mart at 8:30am sharp. The route is simple, and you are expected to know your own way to the track in case the group gets split up. For a map of the exact cruise route, CLICK HERE. If you are registered to drive it is highly suggested that you join us on this cruise. We know due to the early nature of this event some who are registered for just lunch may choose to leave at a later time.

9:30am - Arrive at Dunnville, Registration

When you arrive to the track, line up your vehicle single file at the gate. When it’s clear, pull ahead to the registration table. You will not be allowed to enter the track until you have completed the registration process, waivers, etc. at the table. If you are registered to drive for this event, you will need to hand in your Onyx Syndicate Handbook waiver at this time. If you have not yet paid, you will need to do so as well. The day-of price for lunch is $25. Everyone entering Dunnville’s property will be required to sign Dunnville’s own waiver. This includes those who are just spectators.

If you’re registered to drive, you will be given a green armband. Registered co-drivers will also be given green armbands. Your car will be marked on the windshield in the upper-passenger corner with either an ‘A’ or ‘B’ designation for your run group. Run group decisions have already been determined and will not be changed. There will be no announcement of the run groups before Saturday due to the size of the group. These group designations only apply to the first 2 hours of track time anyway. Once you’ve received your armband and designation, you will be directed LEFT into the pit area. Only cars registered to drive will be allowed into the pit area. Make sure to park in the pit area in a way that conserves space. Do not park on an angle or in the center or you’ll be asked to move. You’ll be directed to where you should park.

If you’re registered as a spectator, you will be given a blue or purple armband. Your car’s windshield will be marked indicating that you’re allowed onto the track’s property. You’ll then be directed RIGHT into the parking area.

10am - Drivers Meeting

If you’re registered to drive, do NOT miss the drivers meeting! If you arrive late, you will not be allowed on track. We won’t have time to make special arrangements for people. The drivers meeting will be held outside as the lounge area won’t be able to handle the amount of people there.

10:30am - Tech Begins

After the drivers meeting, once your car is ready, find Mike (MPD47) or Rick (RX3.) I will have introduced them at the drivers meeting so you’ll know who they are. They will look over your car and mark the windshield if you’ve passed tech. If you do not pass tech, you will not be allowed on track and there are no refunds. There is no reason why you should be unprepared. Priority will be given to group ‘A’ since they will be on track first.

11am - First Cars on Track

At 11am, group ‘A’ will begin to line up on the pit road next to where the person flagging is standing. The person flagging will be checking cars to make sure they’ve gone through tech, and checking the armbands of the drivers.

Here is the breakdown for the first 2 hours of track time:
11:00 to 11:30 - Group ‘A’
11:30 to Noon - Group ‘B’
Noon to 12:30 - Group ‘A’
12:30 to 1:00 - Group ‘B’

1pm - Lunch is Served, Drift Demo Begins

Chef Mike (tpgsr) will have lunch prepared by 1pm. As the last run group comes off the track, you’ll be able to line up for food. For your entertainment while you eat, the guys from S1DC will be drifting the track!

Water, Cola and Red Bull will be sold on the side.

2pm - Open Track

At 2pm, anyone from any run group may line up to run on the track. Remember there are only 12 cars at a time allowed on track for safety reasons. You’ll be signaled to go by the person flagging as soon as space opens up. Remember to follow all of the rules outlined in the Onyx Syndicate Track Day Handbook! Wristbands will still be checked.

6:30pm - Drifting? Burnouts? Skunkape Strip Show?

Toward the end of the day, the drifters will be going back out on track. But we can really do anything we want. We may use the time to setup pictures, filming sequences or good old fashioned rolling burnouts. Stick around!

Note that these times may have to adjust if we need to clean the track periodically.

Please be courteous of your surroundings and throw away your trash in the barrels around the track! Anyone who can help the OSYN staff and myself clean up at the end of the day will be greatly appreciated!

The image below should give you a good idea of what the setup at the track will look like. Any questions, feel free to inquire on the OSYN forums.

See you at the track!

~ Josh (Onyx Z32)
The Onyx Syndicate

going with a passport instead of a birth cert. is cool right?

i havent been to canada in like 10 years

passport is the way they want you to go!

you’re welcome, fucker :wink:

see everyone tomorrow!

Fuck it’s late (early?). I think I’ll be napping a bit at the track. Leaving Rochester at 5AM with mpd47 and maybe some others…

We can snuggle Brent. Went to bed at 9, but was so excited I only got maybe a total of an hour or twos sleep.

Hahahaha. I am up, and leaving the house in about 10 minutes. Holy shit I shoulda went to bed sooner, hahah. See everybody there!

Started the day off right with a speeding (almost street racing) ticket. See you all there. LOL.

That whole “learning from your mistakes” thing is fading away pretty quick, huh?

LOL it was spur of the moment, oh well. Should be a super easy ticket to get out of.

^^^ :ham:

One final programming note - Soul Brotha Brown has been added to the drift team :tup: :tup: :tup:

6:20… i’ll be there at 7…

ILLEGAL STREET DRIFT RACING TO DUNNVILLE OMG YAY!!!

Perfect fucking weather…are you kidding me. Woohoo…

OMG im sooooo excited :slight_smile: waiting for flatblck and his wife then off to CA