8/26 - NYIRP Track Rental

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:118,topic:33503"”]

and I didn’t like how close you drove to bikes

[/quote]

:nono:Dude your car will only be 1/2 as siqqqqqq with some dude hangin out of your grill bleeding all over your pullies…

If you need race gas show up right at 11. They have to shut down the track to get gas. We usually get it before stuff gets started just to make it easier.

hmm, theres a slight chance i might be able to make it out at the very end. Soooo, if i get back around 2ish and i think i can make it out there by 3-4ish im gunna come up.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:118,topic:33503"”]

Nah…you do sick burn outs…and I didn’t like how close you drove to bikes and im driving up there with my buddy on a bike. Don’t want to see you run him over.

[/quote]

?

[quote=“BigEd88,post:113,topic:33503"”]

Also I assume they have race gas on site?

[/quote]

You do know that unless you have a tune for race gas it will do nothing for you right? You might actually lose power by putting in too high octane of a fuel than what you car is designed to use.
EDIT: Also your sig is too big and does not meet the requirements of NYSpeed. Re-size it before you lose it.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:125,topic:33503"”]

You do know that unless you have a tune for race gas it will do nothing for you right?

[/quote]

:wstupid:

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:125,topic:33503"”]

You do know that unless you have a tune for race gas it will do nothing for you right? You might actually lose power by putting in too high octane of a fuel than what you car is designed to use.
EDIT: Also your sig is too big and does not meet the requirements of NYSpeed. Re-size it before you lose it.

[/quote]

You do know that an easy way to tell if you have actual knock or false knock is to test your car with race gas right? GP forum guys do it all the time to test it and none of them reported any problems.

I’ll resize the sig shortly.

I donno the 04+ PCM that well. Dose the tradional 97-02 IAT trick work? Back in the day, me and blackGTP used to do that.
Stock PCM normal IAT (70-80*) you’d only get 14-15* WOT advance, Putting a 1 ohm spoof = 34* IAT for 16-17* timming.
DHP v1.0 was 18* I belive.:wink: low 13’s 105’s on 1.9 rocker/bolt on gtps.
I forgot, back then we were young and shit lol.

Can anyone hook me up with a ride? I’m going to record tons of footage.

Well I’ll have a laptop scanner (hptuners or digital horsepower, can’t remember which one) with me, so I could always get some info from the smarter than I people on what to do. The stock 04+ pcm is programed like the pre-04 performance shift. I figure I may go to new-era for a tune but I always like to know what I’m getting into, doesn’t matter who I have tuning it, if it needs more than tuning to be done.

You do know that an easy way to tell if you have actual knock or false knock is to test your car with race gas right? GP forum guys do it all the time to test it and none of them reported any problems.

We use UNleaded race gas though…unless you have a ‘lead tolerant’ O2 sensor. like me :slight_smile:

Im pretty sure you dont have false knock. But, it’ll rule it out.

Also, UNleaded race gas WILL help if it gets rid of the KR so the timing will be at its max.

so they have only leaded race gas there? Where could I get unleaded? It is probibly actual knock (all signs point to yes) but it would be nice to get a few runs in with full timing and no KR. Heck from factory scanned vehicles they have on average 3-4* of KR. Many tracks have Sunoco fuels and they usually are unleaded, 98 octane sunoco racing fuel is most popular I was told.

Lets see you put a pulley on your car with no tuning and didn’t expect no knock or running lean issues?

[quote=“articzap,post:133,topic:33503"”]

Lets see you put a pulley on your car with no tuning and didn’t expect no knock or running lean issues?

[/quote]

pulley isn’t on yet…would like to get on soon though…that’s why I’m seeing if the knock (which appears to be real) is real or the car pulling timing because of torque management or something else. I am getting some PEMs labor day, and hopefully can simultaneously add the pulley.

Your running 93 right now right? If you are and have no mods done, it should not be knocking. Stop running 87.

^^LOL… Back on topic of the track rental instead of fuel suggestions.

:ham:

Could it be I asked myself that same question and to make sure its actual knock I am trying the race fuel? Sure my scan shows that is certainly looks like it is but heck its a convenient time and place to test.

Man you guys didn’t get me to show much emotion in my burnout thread, what makes you think I will over fuel to put in a car you know next to nothing about?

I get such a good chuckle from all the attempts to rattle my cage. (watched the batman movie on HBO the other day told myself I have to start using that phrase more).

So this is 2 threads I had no intent on de-railing and bam you guys do it instead.

In any event I’ll hope to see you all at the track tomorrow and I hope you can enjoy the nice racing weather that is in the forecast. Good luck with your runs.

Ah, keyboarding class helped typing a snap!

hope i can get a solid launch down tomorrow

Maybe we’ll like up a few times ^^^.

why do you have HPtuners? you shit is stock? you dont know if you have KR? if its real?

your gona fuck your car up.