8 people dead in street racing accident

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/16/drag.race.deaths.ap/index.html

is it just me or are you also releived this didnt happen in ontario?

kind of unfortunate how the deaths of these people will become cheapened by the empty political platform they will become.

holy shit!.. i won’t comment on the street racing but the driver of the crown vic must have been a complete tool

edit: i didn’t read the whole article.

He drove through smoke man…can you blame him for not stopping completely?

Im just really perplexed by the ages of these people. Doesnt sound like it was kids more like families standing around racing each other?

yeah seriously

who the hell brings their whole family to a street race at 4am?

one mother brought both her kid and her father (who died as a result)

It was mentioned that police could not determine whether the Crown Vic had its lights on - how hard is that to figure out - check the friggin knob and see if it was in the on or off position.

If it is in fact true that the lights were off, then I would suspect foul play. Some disgruntled citizen who was somehow affected by street racers, out for a night of vigilante mayhem.

Like any cop will ever look at it like this. lol They should because you have the right idea, but they won’t.

That shit is fu*ked up, but I have a feeling it was the guy in the crown vic fault.

it happens… too me though just by the age of people involved it seems like a regular event, like a car show at burgerking where they later go this stretch of road to test out rides after dark(and im willing to bet that even some of us are guilty of going to a meet and deciding to go heads up off a light later on)… it was proably mucle cars or such, not juvinilles with civics but prided dodges or chevs… its a shame this happened but in reality, the guy in the Crown shouldve stopped… fog looks diffent then smoke, i know i slow down to a crawl when i see a deeply fogged patch if i dont know the area well…

i dont think anyone is really to blame for this… he shouldnt have been speeding through fog/smoke with out lights on and they shouldnt have been standing in the middle of the road… stupidity on both ends…

wow the age groups is abit odd… 20 - 60!!!
at an illegal street race?
i would expect something more like 16-30 maybe