86 Mustang Twin Turbo Build Running vid added!

Got some more done last night. Finished welding the exhaust and painted it. The idea is to have it blend into the underside of the car do it doesn’t stick out.

:tup:

Finally got my fuel cell in last night. I had another one lined up , but that fell through, so I went with this custom unit. The large cell is for fuel, and the smaller tank is for the ice and water for the air to water intercooler. TIGHT FIT! But I should have about 18.5gal fuel capacity, and 7 gallons of ice water. Should be enough fuel to drive to Empire and back.

HeaterZzzZZ soon? Predictions on how deep into the 8’s she should run?

Awesome, I love the tank.

Slowly getting some more work done. Got the Passenger side wastegate tied in thanks to Turbociv. Alt bracket is fixed and belt mounted. Finished wiring in the AMS1000, and put the trunk back together. I will be working on it all weekend, and really hope to fire it soon.

ILI :tup:

Well at least that’s the plan. Looking for / saving for a house this fall has kind of killed my time for working on the car this summer.

bump

Heyo!

So after about 40 hours of working on this thing all weekend, It is a lot closer to finally firing it.

AMS solenoids mounted and plumbed.

Tank installed, plumbed, and wired 100%

Trunk floor welded back in.

Water pump mounted for the air to water intercooler.

Battery mounted, and wired in. Those valves are for the waterlines going to the intercooler. Between rounds I have to drain the water and refill with ice, so I have 2 valves teed in so when I need to drain, I can just close the feed and open the drain, using the pump to pump the water out, no crawling under the car to open a valve.

Air lines to wastegates finalized. plug wires cut and installed.

Because I put the intercooler behind the dash, a lot of wiring had to be redone, and moved around. Finished wiring for the starter, fans, water pump etc…

This panel was made pretty much for all the ams and msd box wiring. It used to be mounted to the trans tunnel, and it all had to be moved.

Best part was my brand new water pump sounds like a meat grinder, and doesn’t flow any water… Now its going to be a couple days to get that in and I should be ready to fire by then.

IT RUNS!!! BUT HAS 10LBS OIL PRESSURE!!! I guess I have a bad oil pump… so now after it fired right up, I get to tear it apart again. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

New oil pump and gaskets are on order, It will go together Weds night. Should be out cruising next weekend.

:tup: lets fucking cruise!

Nice. Start up video?!

Def down for a cruise

Damn Joe. Keep at it.

It was running for a couple min and was only making 10psi oil pressure. Trying to prime the pump again it had no resistance, and didnt feel like it was pumping, so I didn’t want to chance damaging anything. Start up video for sure on Weds night.

Oil issues resolved and it is now complete. Just getting an alignment on Monday, then hopefully make a couple pulls.

https://youtu.be/s8jojtdE3Us

Lets go make pulls right now!