87 Trans-am down, 94 firebird in works..

very nice I kind of actually like the red on that. looks very clean good choice on paint I don’t like firebirds in white or silver black would have been awesome though

Well got the new Mut running and together, Being 94 FIRBIRD, 73 406, 96 T56,90 tpi wiring,87 rear…
Best with the old thirdgen is in sig, 10.87 N/A with auto 10.0 spraying 150 shot. Swapped to T56 last year… Still with 3.73’s that are killing the launch and forced to slip out clutch due to 10 bolt, car bested 11.02… With some 4.11s/4.30s and hard launch should have been back in 10s.

Well last night got the new car out since totaling the thirdgen…

3 passes were 11.37, 11.32, 11.40, 11.39 - 60 fts were 1.68, 1.65, 1.61, 1.63

Using same technique I did with thirdgen did not fare so well in this car…
IT would launch pretty hard then bog on it face, even leaving at 6500 with a fast slip, just nosed over after 1:1 - I think the thirdgen with the loose front struts helped car from bogging so bad, allowing suspension to take the hit instead drawing rpm down so bad…

Day of track I am hearing noises and rough feeling in rear when accelerating, pulled cover and found the torsion had cracked almost in half… And I really think it happened when i wrecked the thirdgen… but not sure…
anyway afters years and years of abuse the mighty 10 bolt finally failed me!
Mind you that was years of 10 second passes and 1.38 60ft best!
So I did not give up that easily, had friends stock 2000 rear here. Just borrowed his torsion (thanks) Guess thats a benifit of being the community upgrade garage… so thats how I made it to track…
Really want a 12 bolt and need the gear - but just can’t swing it yet…
Anyone wanna buy a p600b blowthrough for small block? good for 600+ horse power and pumpgas…
Here is a pic of car finished.

Looks great bud, I bet a lot of people still think you’re running an LT1, should suprise them to see that 406 in there.

wow that looks great!!!:bigthumb:

nice,once the bugs are gone,she’ll fly!

awesome tom! i got my car with a stealth ram up and running. hope to see you at the track sooon!

too bad the mighty 10 bolt failed… lol

awesome

can’t wait to see this at the track

Hey that 3rd gen looks familiar… did Louie do the machine work? that was a 400cu TPI right?

406 miniram