951 winter progress

not gonna lie, im extremely jealous.

looking good

Nice progress!

Looks great, keep it up. Document everything.

Nice mike. What all do you have left to do before its done. Is the list still huge?

Cylinder head reassembled
Bolted to block
Cam installed in cam tower, bolted up
Oil pump
Water pump
Timing
Custom Adjustable Cam gear (being CNC’d and laser engraved as we type)
Motor Mounts (being installed today)
Bolt the passangers front suspension on (being done today)
Steering rack (again, today)
Pull dash
Pull hvac
Pull heater core
rewire 3 main bundles under dash
Reroute two other main bundles or wire
Pull rear suspension member back out
Finish stripping rear of the car
Grind down wheel wells so 305’s fit
Strip rear wheel wells
Paint rear frame rails and wheel wells
Fabricate a rear floor
Mix and Match 968 and 951 transmission mount pieces so it fits at an ideal position
Install 20 gallon fuel cell, aeromotive 1000hp pump, filter, and all associated lines
Reinstall brake Master
Reinstall brake lines
Reinstall Kokeln Rear
Reinstall Trailing arms and rear sway
Finish engine assembly (add clutch, 5lb flywheel, ITB’s), wire with Tec3R, reinstall
Push torque tube up to engage with engine
Install transaxle
Install bodywork
Install cage
Tune.

That’s a rough list, I’m sure I forgot some things. Probably another 50+ hours of work.

Yeah, but you’re well on your way. Keep up the great work!

mike, what 1000hp pump are you using? The A1000?

I hope you got the controller for it.

the A1000 doesnt support 1000hp… the next step up is the Eliminator.

For fuel injected engines:
up to 1100 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 800 HP - forced air induction

For carbureted engines:
up to 1300 HP - naturally aspirated
up to 1100 HP - forced air induction

I doubt he has the eliminator. Regardless, I hope he got the controller.

It’s the A1000, sorry 800hp. :wink: I’m setting up the fuel system for the turbo engine so I dont have to redo it later. I ordered it from Aeromotive, so yes it comes with their bull shit little relay. Which we’ll be driving off the Tec.

mybad… i got that FI whp figure stuck in my head from when i was planning mine last year

turboLS1 are you running the A1000? Any issues/little glitches you think I should know about?

Everything Aeromotive I’ve ever dealt with has been nothing but solid, but I figure might as well ask.

no…i didnt go with a sump, so i just did twin walbro 342 intanks Y’d into a singe -8an. they do their job, should be good to 1000whp. we ended up doing the same setup on firehawk’s. return system. edit: they both run full time, no hobb’s switch, no fuel cooler

most guys in the 700’s with my kind of setup are running out with teh A1000. they either go twin a1000, eliminator, or a weldon pump or the like. to be honest, i dont know much about inline pumps, so thats as far as my knowledge goes

Sounds like you got a little bit of work still ahead of you. The fender walls look great. Also what is your deadline and is there a specific show/event your trying to be ready for? (which I assume on page like 3 you mention it but I didnt see )

March 23rd I leave for Philly with the car for the BlownEuroz show. I suspect I’ll have it completely done minus the cage/floor/fuel system. And considering there is a small chance I’ll be going to Florida for a week of drinking/relaxation starting friday, I gotta haul ass.

i’m not talking about a relay, i’m talking about a voltage varying controller:

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=31

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/prod_imgs/img-31-1-large.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the stepdown controller is not required. Though I’m all ears if I’ve read, and heard incorrectly. Keeping in mind this is a track car primarily and sees mostly upper RPM workouts.

you don’t drive on the streets at all with it?

Just curious as to what your car is going to be weighing in N/A?

I do, just not as often as I used to. I’m not sure how much street use it’s going to see this year.

Dry (no fluids) weight will be 2300 or less I suspect.