99 s10 engine conversion

Easiest way to pass insp. would be, to buy a V8 with aaaall the complete harness, plugs ect of the same year from a full size. I did a carb’d 350 in a astro van back in my day. You can get away with the stock axle for a long time if you dont do looong 1 wheel peels or put a slick on.

95 or older s10 4x4. Carb 350. NV136 from astro van w/modified clutch to reduce torque to front axle. Bigger rear axle. Make Subaru drivers sad.

those of you that say 95, im gonna disagree. 94 is much easier as it has the older wiring that is obd1. 95 was a obd1.5 which was pretty much all the bullshit obd2 combined with th obd1. 95 also had the newer style column with relays that ran lights through the computer so if you go carb, you cant ditch the computer and you have a crapload of extra wiring. 94 had the older mechanical swith gm column and even though its the same body style, it will not direct swap. they have a different firewall at the column from 94-95 and the dash even though very similar has some major differences. also, the studs that mount the column will be to short. i wanted to ditch all of this in my 95 for my carb setup so i ended up getting a 94 column, cutting and rewelding it, rewired the whole truck with a universal kit, along with many other pain in the ass modifications as well as having to make backets to have the 94 dash in the 95, all stuff i didnt expect.

anyways, as for the 99. same thing i tell everyone else, go ls1 and keep it fuel injected. you can send your engine harness to current performance and theyll wire it up to match your motor and computer you pull from the donor vehicle or yo can chip yours if its a 4.3. you can get it to pass if you use all the emissions for the motor. can get swap headers and mounts for couple hundred bucks, and you can use the 4.3 trans xmember for a 4l60e. i do not reccommend using a nv3500 that backed the 4.3 and some 5.3, i snapped a shaft in mine in the first 15 minutes mine was on the road.(if you go lt1 block) i currently have a 5speed out of a 2500hd. 4l80e will also fit but youll need to massage the tunnel and itll still be close. personally i suggest going t56 for a trans. 8.5 10 bolt will hold about 400-450 horse but soon as you throw slicks at it itll blow. ford explorer 8.8 is common swap for these. go on s10forum for more info.

heres mine. i prefer barebones, and will all the shit i ditched the truck weighs about 2300 pounds.

http://a240.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_4c32d12f654520cca5f55ef1b02d239f.jpg

more pics please

Chevy 5.3 LS Engine, Trans, Harness

Chevy 4.8 LS Complete Swap

You cant disagree with Derek on the swap with a carbed motor since he has done it. Regardless of which way you go, there is no “kit” for this, its all trial and error. I have helped a few people out with some things on their swaps. A friend of mine has a 99 S10 with a LT1 and it passes NYSI just fine, the 95 LT1 computer is tied into the 99 4.3 factory computer with the harness he got from Current Performance. But also with the NYSI, there is legit ways around it, you can call the state and explain the case and as long as everything is there for emissions, the state should OK the inspection. he has had his truck on the road for 3 years with the LT1 swap and it has passed each year. But now the best way to do it for 96+ is an LSx swap or newer truck motor. The 5.3 from a Trailblazer or SSR is alluminum vs the cast block out of the trucks.

Please
:picard:

Yeah I am pretty sure it has to be the same model year or newer to be a legal swap. So anything older than a 99 model year engine is NOT legal

It does, well at least in Vermont! but I am pretty sure it does in NY too. The only legal way to get around this rule is to registar it under a special title, I forget which one.

lets just say that I know people, in order to get my truck inspected

Sounds like a lot of bullshit on here guys… Pauly works for the DMV, he can set it straight.

As far as I know, if you have a 96+ car then you need to pass an obd2 plugin test for inspection.

That is why people are suggesting he buy a 95 or earlier car to swap.

Vermont is not New York. Thanks for playing.

I had a 96 car with a totally different motor and ECU. We had to hack the ECU, have it custom tuned to turn off all the emissions lights so that it would pass NYSI. Been there done that.

When my buddy had a 95 Tbird with the same motor, he didn’t have to worry about plugin obd2 inspection.

my buddy jus did the v8 6.0l swap from a chevy 2500 or 3500 or something like tht in is 99 s10 blazer he jus got it done and it will have no prob passing emission.

This i’d like to see.

haha i will have take a vid of it running. a few people might have seen this around it a blue s10 blazer with a jeep solid axle conversion. lifted like crazy and will soon have 1 ton chevy axles front and back. nd jus put the motor in. the swap is simply if u got the v6 in ur s10 this motor will bolt right to ur transmission and everything all u need is to no how to wire it and the 6.0 wire harness and motor and it was fairly cheap too ithink he did this maybe for a grand or jus under a grand

i wouldnt argue with tony his friends xtreme does pass legally on emissions with the older motor. long as you keep emissions and everything and program it to the computer your safe. i believe the guy called the state to find out what to do. as for the 95 thing, i still strongly suggest not doing 95 and doing a 94 or older for reasons i have stated.

hey i had a 82 s10 with a built 355 a few years ago. it was fast and alot of fun. any year s10 motor swap is sweet. gonna do it again some day. and as far as inspections just buy a sticker dont listen to 90% of the haters

I’d say go 6.0 in a for the 99 Blazer. My coworker is almost done with his and it’s pretty much a plug in setup, other than modifying the fuse box connector.

haha way to post the same thing i did jim