99 s10 engine conversion

enough to have fun. lol curently $3500 in a couple months $15000

would a tpi unit pop a code on the existing 4 cyl computer?

could u explain that. i’m in collision. lol sorry.

^ by that post, im going to have to guess that this swap will be very hard for you.

my friend just did in his s dime but… i want mine to be better.lol so i dont know if i want his help or not. i know they make kits but i want something thats going to be kickass, but at the same time that i can handle doing without having to pay some tool to do it for me. wut do you u think about a chevy 502 ram jet? lol

I’d say skip doing this car, daily drive the truck. Buy a project car, a roller even, and build a beast from there.

ur making me giggle. lol like what, muscle, import/tuner, i need guidance.

what do you like is more or less the question. Don’t build a car because some one is telling you what to build.

unless you are absolutely in love with your truck and want to hold on to it for a while, no need to do a swap. DD it, and when you find a deal on a starter project that you think is nice and you can and WILL finish, then go from there. l.

Do a LS1 swap…LT1s are slow, shitty and have an optispark…

You would be a better person using the LT1 for a boat anchor…

I also would suggest a big block…Choko had one and it was a POS to take in and out…

Agreed on the LT1 scrap

Might looking into a 99+ GM Vortec 5.3 truck engine. Much cheaper than an LS1 and still 275+ hp

slo84ta did this swap in a 95s10 used a carb 350 electric fuel pumps have way to much pressure for a car so we used a fuel pressure regulator to slow psi. but the aeromotive regulator shit out on first prime causing the need for a carb rebuild

If your serious about doing a swap, spend some time reading up on www.s10forum.com and www.s10v8.com. I dont mean it as a blow to you, but if you dont know what a fuel pressure regulator is, you need to spend some time researching info and those are two very good places to start.

After you do that, Theres no way your 99’ will pass inspection with a v8, so your going to need to pick up a 82-95 s10 as a donor truck, or turn your 99 into a 94/95 :snky:

Is your truck a 2.2 or a 4.3? Whats your budget? A carbed 350 would be easiest to install and cheapest. If you have a 4.3, the 5.3 swap would also be a good choice. If you just want the “best” and not worried about cash, I would go LSx.

2.2 but money wont be a problem

iirc, the motor being swapped into the vehicle has to be that year or newer, and you have to take it to an inspector. Than it should pass.

And seriously, fuck that Lt-1 noise… do it right the first time or dont do it at all…

LS1 all the way.

And your going to need a new tranny. Anything with the 2.2L bellhousing wont bolt up onto an LSx.

Tranny
engine
harness
Mounts
headers
exhaust
ecu/pcm
better axle (that 7.625 is only gonna hold up so long,and its 2.2 so its open dif,your gonna have trouble puttin that power to the ground on one wheel).
New springs up front
new shocks all the way around
traction bars.

the list goes on and on.

Do your research

This guy knows his stuff.

just do the 99+ ls1 or turbo a 4.3

how about saving your millitary money and not blowing it on a project thats way over your head?

tough talk I know but you will thank me later

i just want something to be remembered by n i want something to show off with. u know. everyone has something cool n i have a 2.2 s10 “coup”. i need something with balls. :shoot:

buy a bike, i drive an s10 blazer lol