A lesson learned the hard way.

Guys - please when you are working on your car(s), UNPLUG the battery, and DONT wear a watch.

I pulled a big no-no tonight which resulted in a trip to the emerge.

I was taking out the IACV on the bottom of my intake manifold when the IACV made cntact with the 4 guage starter motor power wire, which came in contact with my watch, which was in contact with the intake manifold. Lots of sparks, watch got really hot, and ended up with 1st and 2nd degree burns. Some surperficial, some (the white parts) are full thickness burns - definate scars.

Please be careful.

Ouch, that sucks man. Its worth having to readjust the clock and cd player settings after all. lol

I remember when I spray painted my carpet in the kitchen, and when I blew my nose the tissue was black. We all do stupid things.

Best of luck with the healing process.

I just hope this doesn’t hinder my 3" exhaust install tomorrow. Might have to rig up some sort of glove to cover all of this gauze wrapping nonsense I have on it now.

Fuk, I was expecting a little redness,

that looks like it fukn hurt! Damn.

Lesson learned I guess…

WOW never even fucking thought of that.
i will be taking off my watch when working on the truck, cars , or bikes from now on.
thanks for the heads up
and i hope you all the best in recovery.
smoke a lil ganja it should help with the pain atleast.

Ouch! I made a similar thread after I first got my S13, but I was lucky and just ended up blowing the main fuse, not injuring myself.

Jesus man, that sucks, but be glad it wasn’t worse… Your body really doesn’t like getting hit with DC current, that’s the shit that kills you quick.

And yeah, watches and rings are a big no-no in the garage.

I’ve arc’d a wrench off stuff before, and that’s startling enough. Good thread.

watches go on your left wrist.

serves you right.

just kidding, shitty deal… :frowning:

lol Bing made a funny!

On a more serious note:

That really sucks to hear… but luckily it wasn’t worse…I never even thought of that happening.

Fried taco’s anyone?

Good thing I don’t wear watches! If your worried about scaring, you can pick up cream that gets rid of it. I was SUPPOSED to use the cream on one of my scars, but have still yet to…

Eff that, chicks dig scars. lol.

or just tell people you got into a huge bar fight and you used your watch to pop brad pitts second cousin in the face, thus leaving a scar…

holy shit bro… thats fucked… i always disconnect the battery, even if i dont need to. lol

Sorry to see that.

Left handed - watch on right wrist.

Hard to tell, but i fried the shit out of a couple bands - theres some BBQ Smellin skin left on it, and it looks like I took my welder to a small section.

shittt bro, hope your alriight

Vitamin E Oil repairs scar tissue. IT WORKS, trust me.

I have stretched my ears to 3/4". And had a dirty blowout in one ear coupled with scar tissue inside the lobe from tears I made previously. Ive now taken them out and am repairing my lobes.

thats emo
jk

Wow never would have thought that can happen…