A new Rule has been added

Please check out the new rules to the forum. I have added one specifically that I would like the members to pay close attention to:

1. No Unsolicited Advertisements/Spam

Only advertisers of PITTspeed.com have permission to promote their business via the forums. This includes posts specific to your services, Advertisement in signatures, promotion of businesses via PM and any other sales generated for PITTspeed.com Site events.

If you would like more information about becoming an advertiser of PITTspeed.com please E-Mail me at john@pittspeed.com. If you have any complaints with this rule please email me or send me a PM.

Thanks

Whitey

I may be blind, but I don’t see a link to the “rules” anywhere on the site…

how strict is this?

Say i post and ask about where i can get exhaust done for my car, are people able to mention places that are not advertised on Pittspeed?

Hmmm …

I kind of see where your comming from whitey … but not totally. What about my sig … is that ok with you?

booo…starting to sell out. Not the good 'ol provate site anymore…trying to make some cha ching j/k I hate when there are advertisement restrictions…even though I don’t own a business, I like busines being able to respond when I need help.

I think he is just trying to make it fair for the buisnesses that pay to advertise on the site. thats all

ok, very good point, never though of it like that. But maybe there should be a sponsor section or something? Seems already by the reply’s in this post that it isn’t liked so far?

this is my exact reasoning for this decision.

so much for a free websight…now it,s just like all the other 99 billion ones out ther on the net

how much did you pay to sign on a few minutes ago? I will glady refund it for you.

im just curious, it doesnt relly effect me too much

sure i encourage that! By doing that is has brought us a good amount of reputable shops that people never knew about.

Considering i was one of the few beginners n iahve brought some people on here john i don,t want to hear it from u man.Yes it is a nice sight to join but way to many rules for a local people sight for the people man,no flaming of course.I just think u are asking way to much out of us sometimes.Post what u want about me ,i don,t care.i got better things to do like go to sleep to get up for work tomorrow.

This rule does not ask for a dime… if anything it will make sure there is a future for the site. This effects maybe 1% of the active users on the site. If you are having a personal issue with me try to maintain the credibility of the site well the please shoot me an E-mail, send me a PM or call my cell phone.

I have no problem john,just i think the sight has been uprooted from the underground and into the sell out position sometimes.I understand u are trying to get the sight going and get as many people on here as possible and beleive me i try to man. And i also realize u spend money out of your pocket to pay for this n could use al il bit o help sometimes but all in all i htought this was supposed to a local pitt/surrounding area street.track racing forum? I nthe beginning that was what it was supposed to be right?It,s your sight man,i,m just giving my 2 cents and you and everybody else can take how they want to.Kep up the good work n just try to not forget about the lil people who have been on here from almost the beggining and have brought people on here for your well being.

well i appreciate everyones help in spreading the word. But the site is not revolving around me, its revolving around the active enthusiast.

Can we recommend a shop if someone asks?

Like, if someone says, “I need a custom exhaust for my 1995 Shitbox with a JDM 1993 Crapwagon VTAK motor, and I live in the North Hills,” can I say, “Go to Pipemasters on the corner of Maple and 69th.”?

heres your sign

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3755

its a thread in this very forum you are viewing this post… it has been in the same place for over a year now. you are not blind just blonde… :spank: