A Torontonian Perspective (on buffalo)

Im sure they do. Every city has trash and problems. There are some serious thugs and gangs there but they are not hard to avoid. As a whole the social standard is MUCH higher. You can find opportunities there and you have many more options on how to live your life. Here you are stuck doing the same shit all the tools do because thats all that there is.

Some of us choose not to use clothing as a means of determining if somebody is worthy of our attention or deserving of our scorn.

I guess it has to do with…

[size=3]SOME OF US VALUE THINGS OTHER THAN MONEY. [/size] e.g. family, friends, yummy food, good conversation, travelling, a nice laugh here and there, education, what-have-you…

Some of you just dont understand many things because your minds are as simple as the surroundings which you treasure.

you’re clearly looking for a NYC/LA type bar, you wont find that in buffalo…since it’s not NYC or LA…

Thats not really what Im getting at. Its not just the place but the atmosphere and the people as well. I have been to a few places in Buffalo that do compare and have been decent. Unfortunately they dont seem to last long. There are definitely some cool people here. Its just so damn limited its well… depressing.

lol - i love the list of building renovations/projects that www.buffalorising.com is listing - using that site as a reference is no different than hearing that jesus will save us from sins from a christian website. The source that information is coming from is a bit biased.

but let’s leave bias out of this and talk about the numerous projects - yes, it appears that a lot of good things are beginning to happen - but of all the projects listed, how many businesses have contracted to lease/use that space? I hope people aren’t relying on the “field of dreams theory” - build it and they will come. We can see how sucessful Benderson is with their multitude of EMPTY retail space all over WNY.

Mother fuckin :word: one of the main reasons i hate chippewa now

You just don’t get life, do you?

don’t goto bars on chip? The elmwood/allen area is nice

What is possibly biased about a list of factual projects? I have been to almost every one of the sites under construction and have seen them with my own eyes. I know the people running buffalo rising, and they simply post information promoting good things, and drawing attention to bad things happening around this city. Yes, they are optimistic, but why is that a bad thing? I have met with officials at city hall and spoke with them about some of the projects… there is a lot of things happening man, whether you want to believe it or not.

How many businesses have contracted to use a lot of this new space? They finished the MASSIVE Larkin building on seneca a year and half ago or so and it is 95% leased. The Tri-Main building on main st is just about full, Century Center II has at least 3 large anchor tenants using over 160,000 sq ft. There is lots of interest in the old Trico building once it gets finished as well, which has larger floor plates than the larkin building. Build it and they will come… How about Canisius coming in with over 5million to take the old Blue Cross building, or New Era moving thier HQ to buffalo…

Audi Sniper, I wasnt making fun of the 80’s style in toronto, I was just saying it was different and fun, I laughed and actually said that I thought it was attractive.

Seriously violator if you can’t find a bar in buffalo that doesnt live up to your standards you aren’t looking hard. There is one for everyone here.

just out of curiousity do you work in the construction field or do you research these projects just out of personal interest?

:lol: At this whole thread of people screaming that their “opinion” is right. One man’s cultured and high class is another man’s snobby and pretentious. One man’s local bar with geniune people is another man’s dive full of lowlife scum. Whatever. People like different things.

Anyone ever been to a bar on Delaware called “Prespa” or something like that. Opinions? This thread makes me think of it because everyone was saying it was very hip, NYC-like. A lot of people there looked like they were having a good time. I personally had a shitty time. It was really loud, dark, and over-crowded so we all left after one drink and went to chip.

I dont go to bars on chippewwa. There is DEFINITELY not a bar for everyone in Buffalo and they are not up to my standard. It wouldnt be hard for me to show you this weekend if you happened to be in Toronto. The difference is just complete night and day. The “Vibe” and energy is fucking great. Most people dance and get down. Here everyone just stands around.

I dont even want to gratify this with a answer but you couldnt piece together (with help) what I understand about “simple”, life, and family.

Personal Interest.

If you’re so wise how come you’re living somewhere that makes you unhappy? Life’s what you make of it buddy. I mean, you seem to be a pretty intelligent guy so I have a feeling that there are extenuating circumstances that keep you here somewhat against your will, but still there have to be some things that you like about buffalo? You must be at least somewhat happy here.

Maybe after you cut your mustang in half…

^^haha sorry, I know TOTALLY irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. I just couldn’t resist. Have you made any progress on the project? You had been alluding to some serious snky mods. It would at least be cool to have a sick car to take you to your high end clubs in Toronto.

^^ROFL

We use the indefinite article “an” before words that start with vowels.
And I’m sure I could never even IMAGINE how complex you are! How dare I even consider the possibility of being able to associate with a god that graces our presence in ugly Diesel clothing!:wiggle: I should attempt to emulate you and just shit on everyone in a certain area.

Everybody: you should all be JUST LIKE ME!

lol