about darknightz

just wondering if anyone here, in the club, is going to put their car in the upcoming show at markham fair grounds?(dark nightz july 23 -24)

is there going to be a son240 booth or anything??

i think its spelled with a S not a Z

stir fry.

It’s too much damned money to go see, and my car is too damned stock for me to show it off :smiley:
But if it’s anything like Import Fest, don’t bother… Import Fest was SUCH crap last year (only year I went) and I’m never going back again.

Every single year police gives out well over 1000 tickets that weekend for all the illegal mods performed on cars. If you’re planning to go, i suggest biking or using public transit (which i don’t think goes that far). So answer is simple: don’t go.

This year with the erase program only more people will be fined/impounded in the end.

Yep, Pavel’s fookin right. Not worth it to go there unless you are trailering your car in – and even then some pigs will see to it that you get reamed.

Or just take your mom’s car or van.

^^^ exactly.

the only year i ever went, i took my dad’s bone-stock 2001 Accord 4-door. as i was leaving the event, i was driving beside a modified Cavalier and in front of a modified Civic coupe.

a couple of cops were in the road ahead, and pulled over both of the others but waved me through.

if your car has any visible mods on it, i’d say don’t drive it. the cops use Darknights as like…double jeopardy.

it’s not like it’s that good of a show anyways…

Ricer to the cop: “But sir, my huge wing helps my civic stay on the ground when i’m going 100km/h”.

First off, there are back ways in to the fairgrounds.

Secondly, Darknights has got to the point where it’s cheaper to enter your car, then it is to pay admission/parking. So under that premise, the quality of the cars that you see at Darknights is slowly getting worse and worse every year. They should have some screening process.

Also the classes for judging are BOTCHED like crazy… I dont know if it has been fixed yet, but a few years back (2 I think) there were 3 Classes for Nissan: BEST 350Z, BEST _______ (Can’t remember exactly) and Best Other.

So basically, you had Sentras that have close to 2 years of aftermarket development (at the time) up against 240SX and basically any other Nissan.

Then Honda has like 50 Classes.

Granted, there are some nice cars there…

I think if the promoters cared about the show rather then figuratively sitting back and making money. If your going to put all that work into seting up a show in the first place why not do it right ? if that show didn’t have a big name attached to it… it would be DOA long ago… If drift nation had been smart, which it apprears they weren’t and still aren’t ( $10K for the DN name LOL!!! ) they’d have had some drift night ’ hard parker’ shows… judging based on technical setup and style rather then who has more money in AV equipment and who can find the nastiest combination of white and any other colour to spray paint the interior of thier car…

( the hard parker show is MY idea … you want to use… rent it from me :stuck_out_tongue: )

theres 1700 ppl on this website/ club

your telling me that not one person is going to go or enter?

impossible

Of those people… about 25 post consistantly. :stuck_out_tongue:

I might enter my car if its ready by then… if not, ill still be going… just not showing my car.

I’m going but only because i got a sweet deal on admission from a promotion at the CIAS. I know its a big pot of rice, but $5 admission plus a free Dark Nights promo DVD, is worth it.

i might too…but so far i have to work, and i really dont want to get hassled by the cops…
I much rather go camping :slight_smile:

Why don’t you just camp in the Darknights parking lot overnight until all the cops leave? That way you’ve solved both of your problems.

Plus parking :cry:

And cops aren’t bad unless you are BLATANTLY disregarding equipment laws (tires / too low / loud exhaust / etc…)

Basically, if you haven’t got pulled over yet for driving your car, chances are you wont get hassled there.

Darkrice - no thanks

Hey Im sure we could probably get a nice group buy on the tickets the police will be handing out around there.

We will take a few dozens of the “unnecessary noise”

followed by a few …

Why don’t you just camp in the Darknights parking lot overnight until all the cops leave? That way you’ve solved both of your problems.[/quote]

:roll: :roll:
na…that is pretty ghey…