dark nights

hey guys. i’m new to the forum just wondering if any of you heard that darknights having a car show on march 14-16 and if any of you guys planning on going with their car. i think it was at the international center. another question where is the international center??

i would go but i have engine mods not body work

i thought they stoped doing dark nights weird

^ they did, but DKN is going to be making a come back at performance world this year.

thats cool well hope the cops dont shut the gates again and start taking peoples cars away… thats why i never been to dark night to much bait.

Darknights filed for Bankruptcy a few years back. It is likely for it to start up again shortly.

car shows are over-rated.

if anything, they have to at least get in-doors just incase it rains.

needs to put on a real SHOW, not just cars hardparking and doing nothing.

if there was some real entertainment, I’m sure they could be successful.

Just like in the US, they have NOPI Nationals and now they’ve incorporated drift demos and such.

…besides, most North American car shows are full of sport compacts
that revolve around more on show then go, they call them SUPA KONS in Japan from what I remember lol.

they should make a show like NOPI it would be sick…

IIRC, they were trying to do this exact thing…(nopi*ish)…
But after baron and the crew parted ways, they must have put it on hold…

Last I heard they were trying to setup a track at M-fairgrounds, but I do not think they were able to negotiate a deal with the property owners…(few years back, now)

NOPI chick!! =D

that sucks toronto needs at least one good show. importfest is a hackjob as always most shows suck they either have one thing and not the other. they should do it all in one and make it huge. but well done… Nopi example i used to go when i lived in florida it was ssick and well planned

or at least we should :slight_smile:

haha i wish would be nice to actually plan a show this year ill talk to some people i know that have big spots and see from there. nice charity event maybe

that actually a great idea for charity

Im goin for sure, i got my tix already haha

isn’t that contradictory?

I dont think darknights went broke. last i read wa that they had out grown markham fairgrounds and were looking for a new venue to hold it at.

oh and if anyone is looking to sign up with rogers, im working on the 15th at the rogers booth in there haha which also sucks cuz i gotta wait till the next day to shoot pics -_-

You read incorrectly. The company I was working with had a contract with Darknights for an un-named service. The duration was for 7.5 years (90 months) from 2002/2003 and is binding for that term unless there is paid cancellation or bankruptcy. I handled this account personally, along with the Estate number to forcefully close the account on the Administrative side. It was my direction to pursue them legally, until I got the Estate number which proved Bankruptcy, which I did.