About to order a V(alentine) 1

Going to order this later today or tomorrow. Was going to order it thru the V1 website for $399. Before I do is there anything else I should know? Better prices/ don’t do it/ don’t speed /etc ?

DO IT…DO IT

just get it from the site…not sure if you can get it else where

Edit: now that i think of it…i should actually send mine in to get updated

nope get it from the site and get the hard wire kit

doesnt the hard wire kit come with it?

yep

All it is is a phone cord :stuck_out_tongue:

i was thinking about upgrading too, i have a passport 8500 X50 and it works really good but they say the v1 has superior laser detection…

Just ordered it

i’ve had each of the newest versions in the past six months to try them out… since the resale on each is so comparable to new, i figured i wouldn’t have much to lose

yeah, the V1 and the arrows… hard to go back to the 8500’s WHERE IS HE WHERE IS HE WHERE IS HE

and i dunno. i seem to get detection a bit sooner than with the 8500 X50

i mean, they’re both good - but i prefer my 1.8 POP V1 right now :slight_smile:

Call up V1…ask them if they have any return V1…you can get it cheaper that way :slight_smile:

I found it hard to drop $400 on a radar…but It has already saved me a few times. It’s probably the best “mod” you can do to your car…to quote TKKlemann…“it lets you determine how fast you can drive”

haha - no it’s not hard to drop that much, when you figure how much you’d pay over time on the insurance increase of a moving violation :wink:

y worry about laser? by the time your detector goes off, they already know how fast you are going.

thats not to say dont buy the v1…i think the v1>x50 anyways…

I have a passport 8500 hardwired and I’m very impressed with it. I turned off x band and the thing VERY VERY rarely falses. That V1 should be real cool with the bogey counter and all. “we got one behind us…2 left…o no look up ahead…were surrounded!!”

for the people that have the 8500 how do u know when there is an update for it i could not find anything on their site?

also did u guys here that there is a new type of laser out now where it is undetectable by current detectors cause the beam is so fine, but they will find a way to detect it though its just really new

I dont quite get why you need a V1. I have a 50 dollar detector, and it has saved me on all of the occasions that I’ve needed it to work in :slight_smile:

What exactly makes the V1 superior to a normal detector that can detect K, Ka, X, Pulse and Laser front/rear? I’d love to know why anyone would spend 8 times as much as I did…

Basically everything…lol.

Drive in a car with a V1 and you’ll see whats up.

I’m about to order one myself

ya v1=the hotness…Ill have to let you drive my car around town one day jeff…would never use anything else…

v1 has saved me from speeding sometimes, but it havn’t saved me from other moving violations. remember, it’ll only work if the cop doesn’t use instant on and they actually use their radar. I had a cop get a “visual” on me, so i still got a speeding.

check out www.radartest.com, or www.radarbusters.com, they have test there, you can see the difference in distance between detectors. Also, cops drive around with their guns on!! therefore it can save you from other moving and non moving violations. i.e. going out at night, and your buddy is “pre-gaming” in the passanger seat on the way there. Detector goes off, put the shit down, cop drives by going the other way.