accidental over rev

my buddy was driving my car and he is just learning how to drive a 5 spd. well he was on the highway and was about to redline in 3rd when he went to second instead of 4th. i pushed the car out of gear as fast as i could but i know it still revved super high. now the car is idling rough as hell and it has no bottom end power!

the car has a really really rough idle. the car shakes pretty bad. i can feel a total lack of power when i drive it especially from idle til about 3500 rpms after that the car smooths out a bit. i can definetly hear a diffrence too. the exhaust is sputtering if that makes sence. also when i hit the gas at first the car wants to bog out.

some people over at 240sx.org said check the timing, any other suggestions?

that sucks… bad

thats why you teach someone to drive stick in a parking lot…do not teach on a highway

hes fine with driving the car around a parking lot and on roads but hes new to it and just fucked up the shift i guess

looks like it is time for the swap

i wish i could afford it! damn why cant hybrid finance!

they might take credit cards…lol

my only guess would be the timing, probably jumpped the couple teeth, but ya swap an sr20det in, it’ll run great then

if i could afford a SR it would be in there by now. im gonna check the timing tomorrrow and pray to god that its the problem!

think they will take body parts as coladeral until the bill is paid :doh:

POP! Goes the valvetrain…

www.capitalone.com sukka… welcome to my world… :hsd:

ok

it has a ruff ide whne at a completel stop right…rpms goes up and down slightly…

and bogs when startingh to move…

and last question how does it run at speed/high rpms like 55+mph does it run fine…?

check spark plugs. i know when i over reved teh firebird it ran like poo on the bottom end. and would run fine and then cut out like 5800

changed plugs and it ran fine. so i would do that first adn then check the timing. im going to think that it jumped a few teeth like someone said above.

burnt valve(s)

good god

look at my post if it is doing these 3 things tyr this

take out your injectors find someone that has another set of stock one that are good drop them and and start the car…

run it around the block and if problem exists then back to the drawing baord…

i know it sounds odd but have seen this before and pulled my hair out trying to figure it out …swapped the injectors bingo ran fine

DEFINATELY timing. The only other thing it could be is if you have a coil pack that it needs changed. I have an all electrical D.F.I. box which i hate.

i know what it is! ex grandam driver huh?

well i went outside and changed the plugs it cut down on the shaking the car was doing. the car is idling fine now. the car still makes that sputtering noise from teh exhaust at low RPM driving but it doesnt have the lack of power feel. the car is fine above 4k

i was outside with the timing light but i just cant get teh car timed right. any tips or pointers?

time your your friend to buy you a sr swap