Acura TSX VS Acura TL

TL is def a highway car. I easily get 32mpg going constant 75. Not nearly as good with stop and go, 22-25 usually. TL does call for premium gas also, not sure about the TSX

I do A LOT more city driving than highway. Only time on on the highway its stop and go traffic

TSX hands down. Better on gas. Looks a lot better IMO. TL is not a fast car and never will be fast so just get TSX. Cheaper.

Stallmer

The 3rd gear thing freaking sucks! I have the Accord V-6, which I believe has the same motor and it grinds into third ALL the time. Seriously makes me RAGE, but the wizard hasn’t fixed it yet. :hug

I have looked all over for a newer TL in a stick and they are unobtanium. Even the older body styles 04-08 are impossible to find in a stick, no one wants to drive a manual car anymore bc they are flipping lazy! Definitly LOVE the TL, especially the newer body styles. Good luck with the purchase, as everyone said- go drive both and see what you think.

Buy a moped

Better than 22 city? TSX isn’t gonna do that either I don’t think.

Buy a Civic. :rofl

What years does that pertain to?

TL auto trannys have a lot of problems from that generation… If you can find a 6 speed, you’ll be in really good shape, just be careful. The TL will feel like a rocket compared to the TSX

99-05 are nearly identical tranny wise, for the auto.

Yeah I would have him swap in the GM stuff then. Same thing, there is a lot of reading and info on it over on Acurazine.

Yea, I was talking about 06+ TL’s.

Yeah, if I remember right 06 was when they changed a few things, and 07-08 is very different from the early 3G. No idea about 4G, dont care for them, so I dont read about them :lol

YEa, I HATE the 4G

If its anything like the RSX grind problem the royal purple gear oil works well too. Mine wasn’t grinding but it was feeling notchy. I replaced with RP and 20k miles later still buttery.

If I remember correctly I think the 04-06 is all the same and the 07-08 is all the same. And I think the only things they changed were they put fog lights in the bumper, turn signals in the mirrors, and changed out the NAV systems. Oh and changed the wheels

Personally I like the looks of the TSX better. I feel with suspension, kpro, and bolt ons it could be a pretty fun car while still maintaining decent gas milage.

I just meant the tranny. Your right about everything else tho.

youll be happy with the TL when you buy it for 20G’s tomorrow and sell it for 18G’s in 2-3 years… they hold there value, and fuck tl-s look at basically selling for what you paid for it, if its that good of shape

Yea you have a good point. I think I need to look into this supposed issue with the Automatic Transmissions in the TL’s I drive a lot of stop and go traffic every day, automatic might not be a horrible idea…

Once in a while I would drive a 2003 (I think) TL that had like +150k, automatic. Thing was wrecked like 3-4 times, so steering wasn’t perfect lol, but it shifted great and had nice power. Now the body is scratched up and shit and it’s still worth decent $$. The auto TL’s and maybe the older CL’s are the only honda/acura I wouldn’t mind having.