Acura TSX VS Acura TL

I like this thread. I’ll nominate it most informative of the month.

I’d go with the TSX if thats the case. Honestly the TSX isn’t to bad power wise for what it is. Guy who owns the shop next to me let me take out his TSX a few times when I was transitioning cars and it gets out of its own way for sure.

Honestly dude, gotta stop looking at everything from a performance standpoint, I looked away from that and now I’m driving a Honda Fit LOL, but you know what, It costs me like 35 bucks to fill my tank, and I get ~360 Miles to a tank romping on it everywhere, its not fast, but its fun as hell to whip around.

Get something that you know is going to be reliable, good on gas and that you can afford, I learned quick that when your trying to be baller on a budget it always blows up in your face. Find something you like and is comfortable to drive and good on gas, don’t worry about what others think when they see you roll up in the eco box vs something like an Acura. If your crunching the numbers this hard between two cars and worrying about gas mileage, chances are your goign to end up in the same sitaution you are now a few months/a year from now looking for something better on gas.

I agree

Look and see if you can get in something like a Newer Honda EX-L… Renselear had one last time i was up there a week or two ago

5 speed, all leather interior, heated seats/mirrors, 40k miles I belive black exterior

Certified used

I’m gonna look for a TSX to test drive

Come monday if you have not yet let me talk to my buddy in the shop next to me, I’ll let him see if he’d be alright with you taking it for a spin, hes a pretty cool dude.

your dads moves out and sounds great with stock everything

Ok. I know a local dealer who has an automatic one I’m gonna drive tomorrow. I def want a stick one, but ill get the idea

im a huge fan of the tl, i think you’ll have something fun either way, just comes down to preference really

The poll is almost even. Haha. That doesn’t help. But everyone has different opinions

Jays is a stick

I honestly got tired of holding out for a low miles stick TL, and went with the auto. It does pretty well in my opinion, but I also have not driven a stick one to compare it too. As lame as that sounds lol

the tl come with like a “sport” auto tranny… you can feel them upshift and downshift. its pretty cool

What about a 4 door si or something along those lines?

Buy a 335i

I want something nicer than a civic. Can’t afford a BMW either

i may have voted TL, but I think you would be better off in a TSX. From what you are looking for, mainly gas mileage.

from a gas mileage prospective, id go with the tsx. anything else TL>tsx

I got a little autotrader-curious on my lunch. There seem to be quite a few shifter TLs and TSXs in the Boston area (where I live when I’m not staying at Wayne’s) depending on your $$ range.

For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to preview a car and give you a third party opinion on it, for FREE since I love cars and dealers so fucking much (and I want to drive one of these), granted the car is close enough to Boston. I also drive from Boston to Albany just about every weekend if you needed some kind of lift. Jussayin. #internetniceguy

Wayne can vouch for my motor vehicle scouting service… I’ve bought one or two used cars before, so I’m a pro n shit. :wink:

i would go with the tl, bigger car although you might not need it resale might be better on it and i just think it looks alot better