advice on my project.

so im gunna go with the sr thats final, wanna keep this away from a ka vs sr thread and keep it as my build thread. this will be my first swap, i have a good idea of what i am doing, and have a few licensed mechanics in the family, so the help is there. will post some updates in the next week or two as i get some stuff done on the car.

thanks

do not take anything less than $500 for your engine lol.

peace

By going SR it will save you more money. To make those same numbers with a KA you’ll have to invest more into it… SR’s are used by everyone, but theres a reason for it… cheap power boost

whatever you decide to go with, keep us updated, cause your car is really clean man…

scrapping ABS is a bit of a pain since you have to run all new hardlines…

scrapping hicas is easy if you are switching to SR… just re&re your subframe…

good excuse to go with multi-link and solid bushings… since you’re going to need some of that anyways with your wheels tires, coilovers…

Okay, so you already have a turbo which is very limiting as far as making huge power goes. I’m certainly not saying it’s a bad turbo but you ain’t gonna see 350+ from it without beating the piss out of it.

With that in mind, why not make the most of the GT28RS. Slap it on a KA, you will easily be maxing out the turbo before the block so the money you save on an engine build can go into a quality manifold, HG and studs, injectors and ECU. Done.

The end result will be an awesome 300rwhp and 300+tq at 15-16psi…all in before 4000rpm. That would be retardedly fun.

For reference, here is an SR car I tuned with this turbo at 16psi. A KAT would make this little turbo boogy.

http://www.u2ndyno.com/gallery/Dyno%20Graphs/o_SR20DET%20GT28RS%2016PSI%20PFC.JPG

I don’t care about power either. I just care about the PSI that I wanna run. “Hey man, I’m running 18 psi, how about you?”

GLH-s?

where can you find one of those anyway… I have a buddy who loves his horizon

lol. i dont even know you and yet, i still expected this.

was using the boost as a guidline to figure out some things… because like happy240 said a huge limiting factor in my project is the turbo, which cap is at 350hp so i know the hp, was just looking at what psi would be safe to run on each motor and with how much work.

shoulda gotten the bigger turbo! i always want more after i commit to something.

Boost the original KA for now. You can build a KA or SR in your spare time. Transfer the parts when it blows or you go bigger.

I’d say Omni GLH (1st choice), Daytona or Shelby Lancer…

Why not just build it right and have a reliable time attack car… ?

GLH-T

old timers…so smart! lol

Well with internals in the shape they seem to be it wouldn’t be worth removing them becuase noone will buy KA24DE OEM used pistons…

that’s true, but we all know he’s going to blow the KA if he puts a turbo on…

Did I mention that I love this car! Doesn’t the power antennae still work… Oh the memories of my first 91 hatch…

But Tom, we all know there are lots of people on SON who would pay good money for that KA specifically to build a KAT project. If he’s going SR why not sell the KA?

That’s up to the owner.

What I would do. Buy the universal electronics(Gauges, SAFC, Engine Management etc)that a KA-T would use. Slap the turbo on this KA with the proper items such as intercooler…

When the KA finally gives, which may take awhile, the KA he has built on the side will drop in fully built WITH the intercooler bolting right on, electronics and so on.

BTW: That is a super minty car

Not if done right, compression test and the needed mods are done. If he cheaps out like everyone on SON than he will be yet another KA-T sucks person.

Woopsy thought you had an gt2871r…

That’s one clean Canadian Chassis. How much you buy it for?