Aerial Radar on thruway.

The bank guy that came to inspect my house, told me that his daughters boss got nailed for 85-65 yesterday. Here is the story.

It seems that the airplane took a picture with a time stamp of his car at 2 points and did the math to calculate the average speed. The NYS trooper ran the plate, and met him at his place of work. The guy got ticketed, in the parking lot of his work. The officer said that they are also sending ticket straight to homes as well.

The banker guy told me that there are signs just installed warning you are “radar tracking by plane”. I have seen these signs, down south but not in NYS yet.

Anyone hear about this?

In NJ, not here.

YEAH! What she said.

That’s what she said. :lmao

ive seen them here

That’s ultimate asshattery.

"Operating 180 patrol cars, the Troopers travel more than 8 million miles a year on Thruway assignments. State Police Troop T makes approximately 80,000 arrests each year on the Thruway for speeding. Radar teams, low-profile vehicles and aerial speed enforcement efforts supplement regular patrols. "

taken right from NYS: We are all fucked… click here

:headbang

Yeah… up towards Canada I think I remember seeing signs now that I think of it…

I have seen their “low profile vehicles” before. They have a bunch of new Impalas in various dark colors, tinted out, stock alloy wheels instead of steelies with the chrome center like NYPD cars.

They are realy nice looking actually. just above the windshield is a flush mounted LED light bar, same with the side mirrors all flush fit LED and strobes.

This means I need to look UP in the air now, not just ahead, behind and at U Turns and DPW obsticals… FUCK. I can see it now… I pull into work and get handed a 145MPH in 65 ticket! great.

You dont have to worry about that. At 145 they’ll set up a rolling road block and you’ll never even see it coming.

Then you can pretend you’re in Need for Speed before you go to jail!

I have a high speed persuit planned out. If I go out, I’m going out in style. I fall asleep thinking about it at least 2 nights a week, lol

Me too… I got out of a speeding ticket in Ft Johnson going up rt 67 towards FMCC. I looked all scared and shit and told the cop that some a red honda civic full of pr’s pulled next to me at the light on rt 5 and 67. They pulled a knife out and I thought they were going to rob me or something so I took off. I sold him hook line and sinker, got out of the ticket and he even took 5 minutes of a discription of the perps! lol.

Maybe on the thruway you could tell them the throttle stuck!

Shits no joke, happend to me in the Z once going over the bridge on state st going into scotia… a piece of the rubber boot on the throttle cable got stuck and the car stayed at 6 grand… shit sucked

But yes, troopers to patrol in plane around here, every now and then you can spot a sign… can’t think of exactly where right now but I have seen them around here once before.

They rarely ever use the helicopter. You will every so often see it. I had my radar detector go off for ever and no cop insight until I looked up

Anyone else notice coming out of the exit 25 toll booth getting onto 890 that laser ALWAYS goes off.

every time

WTF is with that? It’s gotten to the point that I just leave my finger on the mute button after I give them the ticket and drive through.:lol

I belive because they have a speed trap there for the EZ Pass lanes, as far as I know 25 is the only one with it, I havent seen it on 24 or 25a

If you go through the middle ez pass lane they have a speed trap there that tell you how fast you are going.

See, if I was baller and had EZ Pass I would know this. :lol