Aggressive Driving - give me a break...

Excerpt from Post Gazette online:

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is spending $2 million on the program designed to curb aggressive, unsafe driving, a leading factor in accidents. In 2005, the behavior played a role in 1,016 of 1,616 fatalities on state roads, PennDOT said.

Other planned enforcement periods are set for July 1-7. Aug. 5-11 and Sept. 2-15.

…better watch those lane changes… :nono:

yeah. thats bullshit.

id like the see the “guidelines” that define agressive driving. sounds like its not going to be very clear of a law

GTFO out of the left lane and stop speed matching the dickwad next to you. That curbs aggressive driving. Uneducated, moronic cell-phone using, eating, make-up-putting-on douche bags are the problem. There’s already a law for hanging needlessly in the left fcking lane. If you’re not passing and it’s safe to return to the right lane(s) then fcking do so.

If they made it clear, they can’t enforce it.

Typical beaurocratic nonsense. We can’t enforce the laws we have, so we’ll keep writing new ones.

GTFO of the left lane.

If they want to write a new law, it should go like this.

"When driving in the left-most lane, when the driver behind flashes his headlights, you must speed up, or GTFO, regardless of the speed limit.

Failure to do so legally entitles the driver behind to PAT maneuver your ass, thank you, and have a nice day."

Fuck you guys I am for it…there are too many assholes that drive like total idiots. There is no reason someone’s life should be in danger b/c of some hardass.

FIXED

agreed 110%

seems like everyone and their fucking mother is on the damn cell phone while driving anymore… i’ve seen some HORRIBLE driving just because someone was on their phone… i try to stay off my phone as much as possible while driving, i hate driving and holding a phone with my shoulder.

HANG UP! OR GET A FUCKING BLUETOOTH!

its people that generally have no skills that cause accidents.its too easy to get a licence. the biggest thing i think its the difference between a good driver and bad one is anticipation. if ur mind is on other things you can’t anticipate. they should give tickets to people who don’t yeild when they are supposed to and people who don’t know how to merge.

if this is what you want then enjoy paying the fine anytime a cop feels like getting a closer look at your car. <enjoy profiling> or hope you car doesnt look aggressive

this is going to be another fundraiser for PA

I’m with this guy :hsugh:

I want to see tickets issues for these idiotic moves as well…

-stopping or remaining stopped (with people behind you) when you have the right of way, to allow someone headed toward you to turn across your lane
-stopping at a yield sign, when merging was possible and safe
-speeding up and braking repeatedly
-going out of your lane in a turn (this is particularly bad when getting on the parkway at monroeville) also bad in some intersections with more than one turning lane

i’ve gotten pulled over for speeding when i was under the limit for a fact… i have digital so i know my exact mph… i was clearly profiled, black car, black windows, the car looks agressive. i don;t think thou that its gonna be any worse… they just say that stuff to make it seem like they are cracking down… If you really think about it… all they are really sayin is “hey we are gonna actually do our job now and enforce the law”

:bowdown:

Also quit cutting off 18 wheelers. If a cop didn’t see it. THE TRUCK DRIVERS get hit with following too close :bash:

how about the 18 wheelers that cut you off… ya they can’t see but its not my fucken problem its theirs.

Yeah, that stuff is true, too.

Super Truckers FTL

Look, it’s all about mutual respect for other drivers, having standardized protocol for reacting to ever-changing traffic situations and making sure it’s being implemented uniformly by all drivers. If everyone would do things similarly & well and pay attention, lots of problems would be avoided, regardless of their difference in speed.

Re: autobahn. Could proper road design + good road surface + good driver license requirements = better/more pleasant commute?

I’m not saying remove speed limits in PA, that’d be insane because most of our drivers can’t limit themselves to speed vs. conditions and our roads are terrible conditions.

Also, our on-ramps are sized like burnout pits at the end of a long curve. To merge, you have to carry the speed limit + 20 MPH just to get on because nobody can see you and when they do, they intentionally box you out so you can’t merge.

/rant

Cliffs: PA roads & drivers are both terrible.