Albany Speed Shop / Krazy Kid Kustoms 2004 Jetta Track Car

im about to start my own rwd german shoebox soon!! lets get this thing running!!

He better put a trans brake on this bitch. :lol

all this trailer talk is bullSHIT.
You even said in the beginning that this car will be STREET driven.
Make it so, or you’re just one of those guys with a quick car that needs a truck to tow it.

I vote, do whatever trans is going to allow you to drive the car wherever you want.
Its bad enough this thing is going to be incapable of taking a corner ! :hug

:rofl

Yeahhhh about that. :rofl My plans change more than my undies it seems.

I dont see why I cant limp it 10 miles to meet up at a run spot and chill after wards. Just watch the trans temps because the converter wouldn’t be fully locked while cruising. Then again, unless I want to keep a steady law abiding speed even a 4 speed auto with a big stall wont like life riding around 3,000 for long distances now will it.

so either way who knows how it will work with what ever box I run behind it. Its the first go around for something like this ever, so i can only base my assumptions around other similar weight/power cars like RX7’s, 240’s etc were built.

Speaking of which, there is a black RX7 with a glide and a 1400hp turbo LS, runs 8’s and he shot a 20 min video of him rolling around the city messing around, so if he can do it, no reason I cant.

but yeah. it will never take a turn! lol. even parking that spool will make things noisy!

You’d have electronic lockup with the 4L80e even with a big stall, no problem there. Does the glide even offer a lock-up converter?

Ohh i see.

I am not sure exactly on the glide/lockup. I am sure they do, why wouldnt they.

Google says it’s not mechanically possible to have a lock-up stall on a 'glide.

alot of ppl here seem to have zero knowledge about automatic transmissions. and dont tell me its not fun to drive. its just a clutchless shift, up and down. autos take big power performance to a whole new level.

no you can’t get lockup for a glide. A glide is a man-pants-only transmission not made for such faggotry. :thumb

Understood, but the 4L80e is still the superior street transmission when you have PCM that can control it.

tires are gonna hate this car.

the rear bumper better hate it too!

if it doesnt wheelie I will put a fat chick in the trunk and not tell anyone! lol

No need for a fat chick, I’ll get in the trunk.

^this

You may have to spend a little more initially, but you also gain a lot of adjustability of parameters like shift firmness and line pressure by going with the modern trans. Plus they aren’t that hard to build, get a junkyard trans a rebuild book and the parts you want and get to work. Honestly a lot of the stuff you’ve already done is harder.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I saw 2 rwd. VW’s running 4l80’s yesterday run the glide and dare to be different. I mean didn’t u read the handbook on turning a 2004 jetta community college sorority girl vehicle into this before you started this process. I’m just fed up with this entire build. Go buy a mini truck and really become friends with shift!

Truth is spoken.

LULWUT @ Kevin’s post.

I laughed when I wrote that myself. john and chris I want to see this shop let’s make that happen tomorrow!