An abundance of shady members

Seems to me that the majority of SON members on here are getting agitated by the fact that the site is now growing rampant with people always buying low and selling high, specifically when a new members first few posts are in the classifieds. I’m not saying that concept is wrong, because that’s how you make money. However, the point of a forum like this is NOT to make money off the other members, unless your a paying SON sponsor, and ACTUALLY offer a product. Not just taking something that was purchased off of another member, spit shined and resold for profit…with next to nothing being done to it to justify the increase in price. Now, the seller of the item is now sour at you for putting the item back up for twice what he/she sold it to you for AND the potential buyer will now be seething the he/she could have spent that extra money on upgrades or needed maintenance. If you want to sell cars and make a profit, go somewhere else. Our market place is for our members, not bandits looking to make a quick buck. Kijiji, super shopper, craigslist, these places are full of people either wanting to get rid of things, or make a profit. You will notice these places have no forums, no members that help each other out, it’s just business. Now I’m not going to mention names, but I think I speak for a majority when I say this- if you don’t want to help others, are trying to pass off Persian writing as jdm, and consciously trying to make money off of people that are just trying to presue a hobby,… take your business elsewhere, you cheeky goof(s). :wink:

Why dont you message the person i bought the car off, who was a scammer. osheit fucked me. He lied about a slew of parts on the car and now wont return messages.

The ecu issue was dealt with in my thread. I do remeber saying thanks for clearing that up. I heard from a freind that a sales post i had was locked/deleted, as now people have not been able to see my response.

Heres the final post in the thread in regards to the S14 i have for sale… response to marks post.
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(Originally Posted by .white240.
Um, yes. 100%.

I can think of 3 people off the top of my head, myself included.

And the funny thing is, he ripped me off when we were “friends” )

Your friend also sold me a car KNOWINGLY that had alot more problems that it did, i lost money on that car, and thats life.

Other than that, i cannot recall anytime that I have sold someone bad parts, fucked up parts or otherwise. The gtr is sold, i am now good freinds with, and is happy with the car, my green hatch, the current owner is overly pleased about the car, and judging by just sales ive made in this last week even, i have had no complaints, just compliments on how i present myself as a seller and how i conduct myself as a buyer aswell. I am confident about this car and its current condition. I am also fully aware that making money is “wrong” by some people. Judging by this thread alone, it shws me that alot of people who have dealt with me in the past have come out and spoken their opinions on me and things ive sold/purchased and alot of bullshit that has come from people …

1# never met, never introduced to
2#Never sold a thing to
3# Dont know me or have been to my shop.

Kinda hard to point fingers and shoot shit, when youve never had a good/bad experience with the person you are critiziing or otherwise. Kinda stupid no?
It would is no different than me going to Bing, for example(great guy btw) thread for some of the good parts he sells and claim that hes a scam artist and sells junk or some bullshit, never personally dealing with him, and nver reading the good itrader he has.

The facts are fact. Other than a sour deal that went more than one way i had with mark(.white240.) and Brenden (simplemind7) I have not had a nasty, sour scammy fishy transaction with anyone.

In response to the claims of me being a thief and such, i beg you to show me a part in my shop or on my person or what ever that i do not rightfully own, is entitled to or i havent purchased/traded in a proper manner.

I rest my case.

And to 02GD_wagon, Your bananas example hits the nail on the head.

TO be honest, do you go shoot the guys who bought jdm cars for cheap and resell them here? Quebec cars? Exactly. People that buy a cheap shell, drop a sr in it and sell for 6k? No!

This is no different. I am offering this vehicle certifed and emissions tested and beg anyone to come and see it because truly, this car is absolutly immaculate and worth every penny.

Maybe people dont want some sr swapped car or someone elses baby/project, but a fine car that is in great shape, without worries, quams, issues, tinkering anything. The car is as it came from the Nissan Motor Co in 95. Not everyday you can drop 5k on a mint s14 that is completly un molested down to factory floor mats and and radio.

I call BS on these people cutting me up, esp. when they dont know me, and just see me selling parts/cars.

I am not running a buisness. These vehicles are registered in my name and are sold by the book. You are allowed 6 cars a year, according to the MTO.

Keep your unproven, childish claims to yourself. If you havent dealt with me, you dont really have a leg to stand on in regards to my credabilty.

Im going through past pm’s and making sure prev sellers/buyers have made their feedbacks.

Thanks alot, this has just brought out truth about the transactions i do, and the haters that havent.

Happy day after family day fuck im back to work day.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Here here

And in regards to spit shining a car, Im certifying and etested the car, along with including another set of wheels, not offered in the sale. Also fixing the exhaust issues, control arm(bushing has been ordered, fucking nissan) And a few bits here and there. At the end of the day. A car worth XXXXX is always gunna be worth what someone was willing to pay.

I have spoken to bing already in regards to being a sponsor, as i do sell alot of parts for myself and close freinds but he was sceptical in regards due to that i havent been around for a long time. I have made many many many positive sales(lots which im trying to round up due to me being lazy with itrader) I have had one sour sale, that was with a group at Union Auto Club, which was a total “he said she said we said” type of deal that had way to many verbal discussions and we both got fucked. I got a raft GTR that had numerous engine problems and prev accident damage, He got a 510, complete, running, that needed floor patched(which i found out later, that he knew the whole time, hearing from a few people that reminded me of when he was looking at the car in my driveway, mentioning the floors were soft, then later claiming he never knew. )

Hate me, ban me, praise me . The parts and cars sell themselves . Quality,high end, moderatly priced aftermarket and clean used OEM parts. I sold my GTR here, and have had nothing but positive feedback on the sale and have sold numperous parts and done work on his group of friends vehicles. I called him today and let him know what was going on and no suprise, he was flaberghasted on the tone of these posts, due to the complete lack of respect, and most of all experience,

COLES:
-Haters not happy about cars im parting out/selling
-More praisers than haters
-Never/refused opportunity to be a vendor, for reasoning due to “newbness” which i get.

Anything else?

Agreed.

IMO - They should put user restriction that you may not POST a NEW THREAD in the marketplace forum unless you have atleast 15 posts.

Agreed, many other forums have this in place…gt40s.com does this. In other forums, you cant even post in the classifieds unless your a paying member.

But some people are shy and don’t post but will post to sell things. For example some guy that sold a mint Zenki for $2000 lol

exposing…when i read this thread topic … a member whos RAIDING the forum with his posts-> Sharp_corners came to mind…this guy is our number one suspect IMO… everytime i sign in and look @ the most recent posts… all you see is like 10 different threads by this guy… and this guy buys shiet cheapp from members and re sells them to us for stupid high prices…for example a SR he bought from a guy that had to get out of this and sold his track car for 2gs with mods and everything! now hes selling it back to us 1000 for a completely stripped chassis with a bad rail and the same sr stripped to stock for a extra 2500…someone less fortunate could of hopped on that sale before this guy took it but nope…i dont care …i pointed the finger …now what…

Think it’s about time we expose the people who take advantage of everyone else.

Well said, minimum requirement for classifieds would be good. 240atlanta has something like 30 required posts before you have permission.

this has already been covered…
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51423&highlight=min+post+count
if you have not already, read the second last post written by roast

At the end of the day (if you really still have a problem) who is in control of what you buy? YOU is the answer. If you feel like someone is selling something you don’t want to buy, DON’T buy it. If you want to let other members know that the item is a piece of shit, then write on the FS thread that you looked at it and it is a piece of shit (with evidence to support this of course). You know, you are allowed to do a quality check on an item before you buy it, and if it looks like its been spit shined MOVE ON

No one is forcing you to buy anything so stop fucking complaining

^ Cool.

People post for the first time on Kijiji, and sell stuff for good prices.

Let’s keep it to Kijiji, this isn’t ebay or a bulletin board at a highschool cafeteria.

Member to member sales.

IMO, 0 posts dosn’t make them a member as much as they are an observer.

so im assuming because i Work in the same garage with sharpe_corners that im one of these “goof(s)” that you speak of. in my own defence i only work on cars there and i do my own thing. im a pretty straight forward guy alot of member that i have delt with seem to have no problems with me or the way i do buisness. im just clearing things up between me and dylan he buys and sells and i work my ass off there on other peoples cars as well as my own. so dont call me a goof or anything like that. so with this said im not out to ruin my name or cause problems for anyone else

You’re missing the point.

It’s about buying something from a community then re-selling for more than doubled the price. To the same community!

I’m only saying this because I indirectly told the P.O of a certain clean zenki that SON would be a good place to sell his car, especially for only best offer. It’s a shame that those who were able to afford this initially, now cannot.

While I do agree with you, the buyer is in control of the transaction… The common indecency of the act is what urkes me. It’s like not looking someone in the eyes when your talking to them, it’s disrespectful and where I come from, that shit will get you smacked in your mouth. The same principal applies here, it is disrespectful and indecent. Valid points were made in the previous thread, such as when a first time poster is selling a car for stupid cheap. There is a chance for a fellow member to get a canvas and start painting, metaphorically speaking. However, leave it to someone to take this opportuinty away, then reintroduce it with a 250% markup. Furthermore, perhaps I was not clear on my intent of this thread, as it was most definitely NOT to “fucking complain”. Maybe, a minimum post count is not the solution for this problem. That is why we post and debate (not complain).

I had full intention of buying that zenki, then I heard dylan had “bought it” and I told My ol’ lady “watch it’ll be up forsale in a week for twice as much”

Didn’t even last a week…

Good on him for being fast at it I guess.

Try the fly-by-night members that rip people off and disappear. More of those popping up.

I pop up at night :wink:

I wasn’t calling you a goof (which is the be all and end all of insults,…imo), this was mainly directed at sharp conrners…and another recent member whos brother sold a talon to a guy, the talon went up for sale and this member tried to buy the talon back for 1000 less than it was sold for, so 1000 could be made in profit. These are the only current shady people I know of, but if anyone knows of more…now would be the time to speak up.

guys this is a tricky issue.

i’ve had a number of people talking to me about this specific issue for a while now.

in the past we’ve taken serious action… permenant bans on people who were known to have sold busted shit… hiding rotted frame rails etc.

the difference here is that Dylan isn’t necessarily ripping anyone off. He didnt steal anything and the buyers for the most part were satisfied, as evidenced by the feedback in itrader.

so in that regard, we were not prepared to take action.

However, after today’s public display it is clear that the activity is rubbing too many people the wrong way.

Now, I am not prepared to ban someone who hasnt really done members any serious harm (each of you would be afforded the same benefit of doubt) but we realize that something needs to be done, and it will be done… but we have to discuss further.