An abundance of shady members

Like I said, fly-by-night, under the radar. In and out types that make a buck and disappear or never contribute. You’re not going to remember the names of those guys, because they never post more than absoluty necessary to sell.

I’d really like to lock this up because i cant see there being more relevant information to share… but i’ll leave it open for now.

Im not allowed to post a response?!?!?!! can anyone see this?

I think it would be interesting to see where this goes. As far as having the admins deal with the issue, Bing is absolutely right. The member has not violated any ACTUAL rules, and thusly cannot be penalized. The element of indecency is the pinnacle of this discussion. If it is WE that have the problem, perhaps it is WE who must resolve it. Watch out for one and other. We all view the classifieds regularly, keep on the lookout for shady wanks, however if posts are made in the thread “this guy is a scammer” and so on, It violates the rules of posting in the classified. However, if that rule wasn’t in place…all the classifieds would go to shit. Maybe we need to establish an ethical transaction thread, or a character thread…something to that effect.

everyone on this forum should be given equal rights. and the reality of it is that if a new unknown member registers and puts a car up for sale right away, no one can jump to conclusions and incriminate that seller without any evidence against him, simply because he has 0 posts and no history with the SON240 community. if that were to happen, there would be many sellers who could have notmally made a 100% legit transaction that will have unequal rights mainly based on their post count and lack of popularity, which would not benefit this site in any way.

does everyone remember that stock black kouki with rims (i think) that was being sold by that shady dealership a couple months ago? i forgot the name of the place, but the guys claimed the car was MINT, and after several visits to see the car in person by son members, many of you guys posted that the car was actually rotted all along the underneath and in fact had MANY problems. IMO this is the right solution to problems like this.

It is people who go look at the car, and judge for themselves if its worth buying or if the guy is trying to do a quick flip and hope to make a profit

^ And these claims must also bear a source of merit…anyone can just up and say “buddy is a chump, don’t buy his shit”

well that just goes back to the whole trusting people issue. we can only hope people back up what they are saying with legitimate facts if the item is rotten. i think people have been good at being honest if someone is selling crap in the past though

edit: and similarily, there are a lot of people who vouche for a good seller

I agree with both sides in this matter, but number of posts doesn’t really mean much. I’ve been on this site since 06’ doing business with a bunch of different guys with no issues. If i need help or parts i ask. If some one else needs the same and i can help i always do. I read a lot of what is posted, but the fact that i don’t hit reply to all of them doesn’t mean a thing.

SON is starting to bitch more then my girlfriend. its even making me consider spending more time with her then my car:S

Going back to one of MP/B240’s posts, your the one making the decision to read this lol

PRIME example;

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52502

lol, im sorry, I had to. Mugen, Nissan? could be a typo of megan but still…
(Im still laughing inside)

This was debated in the past. Most recently by Solarian a couple months back.

TBH i have absolutely no problem with people buying low and selling high. As a member said earlier, no ones got a gun to your head to buy these items.

I will admit, i have bought cheap and in turn re-sold for more than i paid however, i did so without with the prime intention of making profit. i buy parts to install and use but I will not be forced to selling something for less than its actual value just because i picked it up for less.

In the end though, someone offers you more money for an item why should you feel guilty about taking it? they’re making the conscious decision to offer/pay you that amount. If a member is interested in my part but doesnt like my price they dont have to buy it, they can wait for me to get impatient and drop the price.

I’ve bought parts from members on this forum knowing they’ve gotten them for less. i dont have a problem, why? Because that’s what the part is worth, and if i dont pick it up, someone else will.

In the end, if someone rejects your offer, you cant force them to lower the price, the best you can do is sit and wait for the price to drop if the seller gets impatient.

It’s vendors to

lol When i was looking for my brake lines,from a son sponsor (they will remain anamous) they said "i was waisting there shop time, brake lines are brake lines, just buy ours we know what where doing, stop asking stupid questions) btw i was calling from north bay which is long distance, and all i asked them was:
1 Is there a warrentee?
2. What else do i need to know before ordering these lines?
3. How do they compare to the competion.
These may be silly questions to some but, they are valid. Everyone has a different setup and goals in mind. I would have loved to order to a son shop but that was insulting.

Now the guy i ordered the lines from rennsportautoparts asked me questions.

1. Do i have the oe hardline on the caliper installed. Which is very important!
    I said yes
  2. Do i feel comformtable using those hardlines, am i capable of making new ones.
    I say no, not enough resoucres, the car is broken down in a college residence parking lot
  3. Are my calipers iron or aluminum.
    I say aluminum.
  4. He then said, i had 2 options;
    1. I can have them made to screw directly into the caliper.
    2. I can get made with banjo fittings.
    He then explains all the differences with each setup and why i should choose carefully depending on my aplication and skill. btw they are DOT approved and come with a lifetime warrantee.

To the vendor who said that, you know who u are. shame on you. If you don’t know an anwer to a question say “you don’t know” I’m not gotta oust you. but i thought sending you an e-mail would be waisting more of your time!

Now I’ve got to continue studing bite me!

Noone forces anybody to accept an offer, sell a part, buy a part, buy a car, make an offer, re-sell to read and be interested in the thread. This forum does help each other out and I have met a lot of people through here,some smart, some completely morons.

This topic has been beat worse than anything Keez owns. Just let it die and realize the world works around buying and selling.

Hey Bing

On other site there is a 100 post count minimum before you post things for sale. Even the basic rules in regards to introductions are not even being followed. I know you and other mods hate when we post in a FS thread when it has nothing to do with the product, and we just bringing out the fact that the product is a flip or whatever it maybe. I know it is annoying but it will make people think twice about trying to hussle the community. For example the guy selling that S14 saying it is mint and not a problem car and so forth. He hasn’t driven the car or had the car long enough to even back that statement up. I dont care about people making a profit, it is what it is but you guys letting it get too far, and worrying about video’s not being in the members section. I figure if mods/admin really cared about the community you would stop worrying about video and pictures and focus on the how the community is being turned into Kijiji.

Junior

Thank you guys. At least some of us have some common sense and see that what i have, had done is completly fair. Nobody has a gun to your head. Parts i sell are flexible in price within reason and are priced moderatly to promoste quick sales. I have not ever sold a faulty, poor shit product unless they knew it was IE blown up sr20 swap i sold last week. It just gets redic when members like tacoboy or hostys13 almost go out of their way to bugger up my sale. Hey, do i go into thier threads and cause shit? why not, they did it to me?!?! Maybe because 1. i dont know them or what they are selling 2. im not a childish moron whos goal in life is to be a moron.

Thanks.h

I had the car certified and emissions tested. Whats so bad about that. It cant be a pos if its been cerified, Come and drive it for yourself, the car sells itself and is worth in my eyes more than my asking price due to the fact of its miant. history, condition, rarity and overall cleanliness/

Thanks for your input junior, i know where your coming from. Alot of us, maybe most of use use son as a resource to purchase parts for our projects. Or maybe sell from old ones. More than 75%. Guarenteed. Now, if someone is consistanly offering good parts at good prices for sale, then whats wrong with that? People have been buying poarts off me for ages and i have never had a single complaint, until that mess with my gtrm which is a whole shitfest i dont feel like getting into.

brandon seems like a good guy straight forward and shit i do know a few people that were bitching about dylan and i remember he did say something about me awhile ago …but oh well …but brandon is a good guy

I’m happy that weasel is gone.