Another article on importation

This is from Thompson’s, an insurance news publication.

If the problem is misaligned lights, why not make it mandatory to have properly aligned DOT headlights, rather than upping the ban to 25 years? I’d rather spend a few hundred to buy lights then to not be able to import these cars for a very long time.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1787/thompsonsho6.png

Because common sense isnt common. Why deal with imports when you can push off on the next guy later?

if they petitioned to get them to change the laws, why cant we petition for them to keep it at 15 years??

Why can’t we petition to just get rid of that rule altogether. Oh yeah, then all the American automakers will loose customers.

im with jutes on this one, is all about the benjamins at the end in our case the queens. anyhow why dont we just make a driver that drives a RHD vehicle have a higher level license with a higher level training understanding the difference of driving a RHD vehicle in a LHD world.

I though that when they did the OOP inspection they check for that kind of stuff, i mean i understand that the projectors might a bit harder to modify, but im sure tha the 180 doesnt have that problem is a H4 type headlight and to mention that at least 80% of the vehicle imported from japan are old vehicle and projector tech was not used as often.

and to be honest this is not our fault if the rich kid down the streets buys one and cant drive it, shit like that pisses me off cause now we have to pay for it … 25 years are you kidding me … a 20 year old vehicle in canada as far as i know is considred and antique and even then we wont be able to bring one in … i hope some one does start a petition against this money scheming BS ( 150 per month) they put it in the article that means 150 x 9000= $135000 x 12 = 1,620,000 that could of gone into their industry and lets not forget thats 1 city in canada