Another Douchebag To Watch Out For

So after purchasing some brake parts from alien13 aka David “The Douchebag” Banks, I find that the left front Z32 brake caliper had a stripped brake line inlet. I called him out on it to which he just lied about it, told me he get it fixed, to which he never did.

Later on, after dealing with that issue on my own, I was finally ready to put the front brakes back together. So when I’m installing the front rotors I find out that they’re actually 30mm rotors, after he advertised them as 26mm rotors. I called him out on it again, and again he lied about it. He said he would deal with this, which he didn’t, I had to make arrangements with PDM on my own. David assured me he’d pay for the shipping costs to return them via an email transfer. I never received payment.

This guy is a complete douchebag - watch out for him and his shitty deals. When I met up with him his S13 was all keyed up - I fucking wonder why? What an asshole!

Unfortunately there are people that do that kind of business everywhere that’s why I’m overly paranoid to leave deposits with people.
thanks for the warning man,he’ll get his,one day he’ll burn the wrong person and he’ll learn his lesson the hard way.It’s one thing to make an honest mistake it’s another thing to out right burn someone
Just don’t lower yourself to his level.
Just look at it this way, at least you learned your lesson with minimal cash and not some big transaction like a whole car!!
Sorry to hear you got burned by a LOSER!!!

Thanks man
I just wanted to build a 240 track car on a budget, unfortunately thanks to this dipshit and a couple other shady characters, I had to spend more than I wanted to because they feel it’s alright to burn people, I just want people to watch out for him

Thats why you gotta grab expensive stuff new or off some one who is trusted already not newbies…

Darth, sorry for your lost…but that’s the risk you take when you buy used parts…especially from someone that has no credibility.

Learn from this mistake!

Thanks again, yeah I’ve certainly distiguished who holds credibility on this forum (ie Slipperysilvia, Bing, Adams13, Simplemind), and to stay away from anyone who holds none at all

I’ve learned a lot, and as for my build, it’s 99% done

Hopefully next week I’ll have a build thread, pics and vids, it won’t be a pretty car to look at, but hey it won’t be done either

People that hold no credibility at all, and really, should also not be allowed to continue to draw breath as they’re scum:

Jay Peterson

That is all.

There should be a blacklist with all of the scammers, sketchbags, and outright liars. I guess that may be “libel”.

naw fuck that… SON is a community, we gotta know the dirtbags and rapists from the cool dudes and honest ppl.

Admins should make a thread (perhaps even stickied?) for ppl to post complaints and warnings, and in the first post of that thread should be a list of all known scammers/liars.

not a bad idea ^

isn’t that kind of what the itrader status is for? positive reviews, negative reviews… it’s kinda like personal experience feedback, no?

that’s exactly what it is. use the rating, this is not some video game forum where you can single people out. do homework on the buyer before you do business.

The rating doesn’t work, becuase I still have a negative from that scamming piece of shit, and he usually stops going to a forum after he’s ripped someone off, and/or changes his username.

^^ see?

The itrader does help, but it isn’t bulletproof.

Real names, email addresses, descriptions, what they drive, all of these things go beyond that of a username.

For those against such a thread…

Why? Lol this can only be helpful, I don’t see a downside.

Look forward too seeing this car!!

But at the same time a “NEWBIE” like myself needs the opportunity to prove that I/we can be a trusted and useful parts of this community.So while buying from these reputable buyers listed above is all good, not all newguys are gonna scam/rip people off.
You have to start somewhere.
As far as a list goes that would be a GREAT idea!!!
Seperate the “good” from the “bad” etc.
New stuff costs a fortune too!,we can’t all be" BALLERS"

^ another good point.

Newbies don’t have reputation, or itrader.

hey mark, that really sucks for u my man. i know how you feel.
and i agree witht his thread idea, should totally be stickied.
BUT i do beleive WE should NOT be able to post on it. (why? so theres no drama on it… cuz we all know someones gonna piss his pants.) so i think we should send an admin a msg, with details/info/FWed inbox msgs, such… proof…
so taht we dont have any arguements since the admins will deicde who belongs in this thread.

I dunno. itrader may work sometimes but most of the time people won’t neg rep even if not happy.

I’ve made some mistakes for different reasons. Some were my own stupidity, some were me reselling something I bought from someone else, some from myself being misinformed. I’ve learned to really really inspect something and its condition before finalising the transaction.

Everytime I make a mistake, I do my utmost to make sure that I can make it right with the buyer or seller.

Its what happens after the deal that counts too.

I hate to get ripped off and I do my utmost best not to rip anyone else off. I’ve been burned a few times and am still paying for it, literally. With BIG dollar items too.

Agreed that Joe schmoe should not be allowed to post in the “blacklist” aka douchebag rapist thread, especially considering how often there is drama on NON important topics here.

//\ i find if you look into the year the seller joined and how many posts he or she has made, you can usually root out the people that are decent and respectful just by saying "hey hes/shes been around for 5 years and has made 1500 posts. hes probably a decent seller just cuz he or she is still active for so long. but yes i agree with that stickied thread also, we have to watch out for eachother and respect one another.