another pulled over story this is pretty bad though.

It’s a proven fact that the new gti speedo reads high,read any magazine.
I’m not saying the speed ticket was wrong but the speed was. and if they were pulling over anyone who traveling at 65-70 they should pull over everyone… I asked how can i fight this…not argue agianst me.
It’s wrong to speed but it’s more wrong to write a ticket for a false conviction.

call a lawyer maybe just maybe instead of asking a bunch of people that stay in a car forum for 20 hours a day ( no offense guys i include myself in that and i subtracted time to play video games and eat and sleep) :roll2: no but seriously i think thats your best bet call a lawyer ask them but to be honest i think your shit outta luck its your word against the cops and we all know who the judge will believe

everyone does at least 10 over in rush hour traffic in the morning.I wouldnt even reaaly consider it excessive speeding.Hope it turns out alright

saw those assholes this morning. they have an unmarked car, 90 percent of the time it’s usually a trailblazer, dark green.

he parks above the bridge after the “first turnaround” in that little corner of the 219, on the farthest side of the bridge. passenger seat window open, radar gun chilling out.

I thought the 219 & 400 were raised to 65 MPH?

Yup that was it! I drove thru there when it was going on and I thought to myself, that truck looks like its parked in a really strang place up on that overpass. Its a little ways before where they pulled you over, they have a nice clear shop all the way down the 219 from that bridge.

well, in the laws book anything OVER the speed LIMIT is speeding. And last time i checked: the laws book >your book.

p.s. 70 in a 55 is 15 over. your shocked that you got pulled over becasue you thought going 15 over on a highway wouldnt get you pulled over? :bloated:

FYI: there is also a dark Blue trailblazer that does the same thing. :snky:

word, it might be dark blue all of the time. i don’t remember.

if you see a car on that bridge when you’re driving down the thruway, best slow down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shitty to hear you got busted in rush hour traffic, that’s always lame because rush hour is usually 10mph over the limit. So in fact if you were doing 65 with the flow of traffic its still speeding.

To answer your original question, I would request supporting deposition with proof of the radar reading, if he can’t provide that then have him elaborate why he came up with 78, because then if he says another cop got the reading, simply reply with maybe it was a different car? Hey, it’s worth a shot. I would avoid admitting guilt, and just try to get it reduced to a non moving violation, which chances are you could just get fines & school if your record is clean.

Either way good luck, been to court numerous times for speeding and only my first one ever has stood. Usually being polite, proof of evidence, and whether or not the cop shows and argues against you (usually they don’t) will cause you to be convicted.

Just dress nice, be polite, speak to the DA for a reduction and I think you will be fine.

15 over on the 219 in one of the 55 zones will get you pulled over every time. That highway is a major revenue source.

That being said, just plead not guilty, go to court, it will get reduced. Everyone knows it’s just a tax system, and the local courts would rather see that tax money go to the town than the state. 100% of parking ticket money goes to the town, while only about 30% of a speeding ticket is kept.

And yes, it’s a known fact GTI speedometers register high. Germany has VERY strict laws about speedometers and car manufactures can get huge fines if one of their cars is ever found to be registering low. So, to take into account for the fact that tires get smaller as they wear they have to make the speedometers read high, especially when a car is new and has full tread depth.

The 219 is only 65 south of Armor Duells Rd (ie middle of nowhere). Not sure about where the 400 changes.

400 starts right after the first bridge after seneca st exit…so basically the beginning (or end depending which way your coming from)

sedlmeier you’re a fucking idiot. you were speeding, significantly over the limit. who the hell cares if every other car was. you got caught. so stop the pussy crying bullshit, and go to court like a man.

there’s no reasonable way to fight it. go in, get it reduced, and stop driving like a fuckhead before you get into an accident with that piece of shit and cause our insurance rates to go up.

if he stated to you that you were “clocked” by another officer, then that must be in his supporting deposition.

write down everything that was said between you and the officer.
if your ticket says radar, then he or you must have made up the clocked reference. since when do police need to show you anything. they are alledgedly able to calculate speed over distance in their heads, and it will still hold up in court.

and put in for the supporting dep. asap.
i think you are supposed to get one before your court date as long as you request it ina timely manner?

You know… I was cooking up a response to the original poster…

But you put it better than I could have :headbang:

thats because you drive a beetle :bloated:

they sorta feel bad from the get-go

You were speeding…stop being a pussy and crying because you got caught.

So blunt, and so to the point. :tup:

well, if you were speeding, you get what’s coming, but it sucks real bad that they wrote you higher, though i think the GPS log would be good proof…