Another rider down

this is so sad, i woke up this am to see this all over facebook. i went to high school with him, my younger brother and him were really good friends for a number of years. he was such a good dude, super funny. he rode dirtbikes since he was a little kid, and grew up in boston, he knew the area super well. be careful out there

RIP :frowning:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/Speed-blamed-in-tragic-motorcycle-crash

Wow, that hits close to home.

:frowning:

Everyone thinks they are a professional, and unfortunately stuff like this happens.

Saw this all over Facebook today as well. :frowning:

RIP.

State Police say the victim knew the back roads in the Town of Boston very well. He knew them so well because he grew up in the town. Despite his knowledge of the roads, police say it was his excessive speed that put him in danger.

I was always told that the moment you become too confident is the moment you open yourself up for problems. Sad to hear another rider going down regardless. Slow down. Those turns are sketchy and always have some type of crap in the road 9 times out of 10.

RIP.

Was just coming to see if someone posted this. Slow down out there, not much margin for error on a bike. RIP

Pete was a great guy!! Knew him for a while was a funny kid!

edited to keep “relevant to this article”

my heart goes out to the friends and family…

Riders- Please be safe and take it to the track. Know the roads or not, anything can happen…

RIP

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Guys please don’t turn this into another thread complaining about people on bikes.

Let’s keep this relevant to this particular article.

I’ve heard nothing but really good things about this guy from people that knew him.

:word: I’m tired of this argument this year.

fixed…

great kid, played lacrosse with him he was a true friend will be missed for sure…im sick about this

RIP and sorry to those on the forum that knew him. Best wishes to you guys and his family.

Hope you guys are all starting to realize that shit happens to those who dont expect it. These roads one day/month/year might be fine for going quick and taking turns hard, but it takes that one time for someone to go on the shoulder, throw loose rock on to the road, or just any sort of debris. One issue can go wrong with the bike and just cause you to be in a crash… your life is more important. Like stated, be smart… go on the track and rip it up. This is by no means to be disrespectful to him or calling him irrisponsible.

The amount if risk you take is directly proportional to the possible results.

Pete and I have been friends since Elementary school, my mom is his Godmother, their family and my family have been best of friends. Probably one of the greatest guys I’ve ever met, and anyone who knew him would say the same. He made a mistake and on a sportbike the margin of error is so small that even the smallest mistakes can be deadly. I’d be a hypocrite if I said I never did anything stupid on my bike. Pete was a hell of a rider both on his motorcycle and on dirtbikes, but this time the speed got the best of him. They say any phone call late at night is a bad one and when I got of the phone with the NYS Trooper who comfirmed he went down, I cried for a good hour.
I spent most of my day today in tears, and I will probably let a few flow tomorrow on my flight from Washington to Buffalo. I’ve lost friends before but I’ve never lost someone who was so close to me, he was like a brother.

My bike is up for sale, I know he wouldn’t want me to sell it and he’s probably up there calling me a pussy, but I can’t help think about what my parents would do if they lost me because of me being dumb on the bike.

To everyone else who rides, stay safe, know your limits…all it takes is once mis cue and it’s over.

R.I.P Pete. I love you.

Seems like a good guy, sad to see.

Blah… this stuff needs to stop.

x2

so im sure this had nothing to do with boston being cheap as fuck and stoning most of the roads out here, WTF its dangerous and a waste of money…