Any way to register a car without insurance?

On the verge of buying a 240, wondering if there’s a way to register a car w/o insurance, as I won’t be driving it for about a month (working on it etc.)…

i remember the first time i bought a car… go to the office and say “i want this in my name” and bobs your uncle

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpeH82aBVe04sMm3pzyD_6aQWOtElBQVzW-B5qeHfVW4YR3UMWo8ZVn5_hpA

you can register it without insurance, however, you will need insurance before you can get plates.

If you don’t have a safety or insurance you’ll get a set of slips but they will say “unfit”, once all your shit is in order just go back in and you’ll get your full “fit” registration.

ah kk thanks. There aren’t any fees associated with that right, aside from the retail tax thing? (not the plates etc.)

Not that I can remember, also having an “extra” bill of sale helps with the tax.

^^^this if u catch his drift

bro. listen you can register the car meaning it goes under ur name and everything HOWEVER you cant get license plates = you cant legally drive on streets.

haha well I just need to register it to conform to that 6-day registration law they have going. Max i’ll be driving around my neighborhood testing the car out lol. Don’t need plates yet anyway.

just lie and say it’s insured?

obviously, if you fuck up you’ll get screwed

actually a great idea ^^

What’s this 6 day registration law? I didn’t register mine in my name until 2 months after… and that was a month ago

it says it on the back of the slip where you fill it out to change ownership, lucky i got mine done this week on monday

really? o.O I just read the buying/selling guide and it says I have 6 days to register by law :. I guess it helps with car thefts etc. but still makes life kinda hard for ppl like me…
assuming that i do need insurance to register (which I guess judging from you guys, I don’t)

SIDENOTE: 6 days is also how long you have to inform of address change… officially

it will be unfit and you won’t get plates without insurance and a safety depending on which licensing office you go to.

Some DMV places don’t ask for proof of insurenace. I think it’s retarded. But best way to do it is try, without insurence and say you forgot it if they ask. You don’t have anything to lose until I drive it illegally lol

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

You drive it *

how about dont date the ownership, write a bill of sale for 100 bucks, go get a appraisal, by a dealer, you will prob need if its 20yrs old, when your ready, put ins on it, get a temp permit(you wont be able to if you register it unfit) and take it for a etest or saftey. done.

Nobody is going to show up in a week in a suit and arrest you for not transfering your car.

^this. I’ve only once registered a car in my name within 6 days of buying it. The ministry women don’t give a shit. Also they have a new system that checks if the vehicle has insurance active, so be careful about lying there.