Anyone ever try plastic/resin flooring?

I’ve been thinking about doing this for my garage - it is not too costly, looks awesome and I could build a drainage system in for washing the car in the winter which would be awesome. Basically my garage floor is in pretty good shape now but needs to be coated, it has one spot that has a crack but I plan to fill and level it.

I had considered repouring the cement just to get it completely nice again but I think repairing the crack and flooring it with this would actually end up being cheaper and would have a nicer end result.

Just wondering if anyone has done this in their garage? My only real concern was I can’t see how it would hold up to jackstand abuse… just seems like it would give way under that much compression.

I would be concerned about turning the steering wheel as well.
It seems like it would twist that stuff.
I don’t really know though.
Another concern might be dirt.

dont they have that shit on all the floors on them t.v shows on spike like horse power n muscle car? it seems to work for them

How do you plan to build a drainage system in with that?

Seems sweet, if you do it call me i would like to watch you struggle installing this.

yeah but do they actually do any work in these garages? besides polish crome?

a poured epoxy coated floor is the way i would go.

the ALF plant here in hamburg had it done a few years ago. and it still looks like new. and oil/antifreeze get spilled on it weekly. and and it gets firetrucks and fork trucks driven on it constantly. It was commercial grade stuff professionally installed but for a shop floor its awesome. they used a leaf blower to spread grit on it before it hardened for traction.

I would epoxy it with UCoatit or something good.

After looking at the pricing of the tiles… it could get expensive…

avg. cost per tile $2.88 plus all the corner pieces and edge pieces… and those are about $2-3 each. Could add up pretty quickly.

The other thing I dont like about the tiles is what if you spill something… you have to lift up the tiles to clean it well. Just a thought…

the epoxy floors dont do well with salt on tires… it tends to scratch the finish pretty good.

just an FYI

and also these tiples look like a PITA to lay on maybe if you had to wrok on your car… or if you spilled oil/antifreeze, it would get in between the tiles

Few things - the only reason I was thinking about it was because we bought this for a lab at work and it looks really nice… Super easy to clean also.

Now to respond to a few of the questions - one the drainage system would be built in at the same time not really built just from the tiles… I was just going to cut out a sump and then put a sump pump in and they sell tiles that are just drain tiles.

As for turning the wheel and drivability - after we laid them down at work they are rock solid and they def will not move. Some of the cheaper ones we looked at were shitty and had gaps but these are right up against each other and snap in strong.

I really have no idea how well it would work, that was why I was asking if someone has done this and used them - if so and with success then i’d like to do it as well. As far as cost it would run me about $800-$1000 for my garage, it’s only a two car.

Oh well, hopefully someone’s used them, if not oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

lol thanks asshole - but actually the installation was super easy, even a dummy like you could handle it :smiley:

hahahahah yah u do have a point

“compressive strength: 5210 psi”

Doubt jacks would be a problem.

yea, i read that but that is ‘sales info’ i wanted to know if anyone has used it practically.

We run fork trucks and stuff on it here that have super tiny wheels so the compression is probably pretty high.

Xander has some of this in his garage, about 1/2 of his garage.

Jeller

The sell that at Home Depot, I was looking at it a month ago. Deff. can get a little pricey.

the only type I have seen/had experience with is racedeck It is a great flooring system. Looks to be about the same as this stuff, and it holds up to just about anything. thug guy i kenw that had it had his garage pored with a slight grade to the center on each bay and a drain in the center. He then had the floor epoxied and then placed race deck over it (the ones that have lots of holes in them. It allowed for the cars to come in wet, drip through the floor and run into the drain!

i just got a call from their sales guy, he said 3.49 a sq foot for my garage and he is s ending me samples