Anyone on here tile their garage?

im thinking of doing ceramic tiles over the summer in my garage. i think it looks so classy, and its not bad to clean either.

anyone on here do it? regrets? ect…?

I haven’t done tile in a garage. But I would think grease and grout don’t mix well, also if you drop a hammer or air tool the tile is bound to crack (unless the tile is set in the grout really well?). Anyways I would suggest epoxy or urethane. We do epoxy floors all the time for commercial places like hospitals and Dofasco and they are virtually indestructible and they can look amazing (my Dad’s company has also done a few nice car shops like Haldimand Motors).

Do it Ciaran, tile it white so when it gets dirty it is easy to spot.
Classy for sure man, a shop my friend goes to have tile in their shop, looks bad ass.

http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/diy-garage-floor-coatings-post-here-t81144.html?t=81144&highlight=floor+garage

read through it, some good suggestions for garage floors. imo wouldn’t do tile, ceramic tiles are pretty easy to break

my brother’s gf’s dad has a sick garage and they did a textured epoxy floor covering that is super awesome… looks expensive though

my garage is just bare concrete and it’s all stained up and shit… but whatever, can’t have it all.

I’d be happy with a teflon coated concrete floor

yeah my neighbour has the epoxy covering, its actually pretty nice and is probably super easy to clean.

i just wanted tile because its boss.

shit i actually want carpet but the cleanup would suck haha

carpet + cat = no clean up

oil + tile = slip

no good… im sure itll look sick tho

My bay at work is ceramic tiled, super tough stuff, I drop impact sockets, wrenches all kinds of stuff and no tiles have broken so far. Although it might be some sort of special ceramic tile.

When its wet, its slippery. when there is oil spilled, its super slippery.

Does look baller as hell and its pretty easy to clean.

yeah back in the day when i was apprentising, there was tile and i love the shit out of it. its great but it does get slippery.

my buddy just did jewel stone in his garage. looks really nice and durable. also not slippery when its wet.

Advice comin’ from a guy named “Slip’n’slide”…

HAHAHA oh man brosad

Do ceramic (porcelain). Prep is key. make sure to get all of the existing oil/grease off the floor with TSP or similar. use a large format tile at least 18" x 18" & black grout as its going to look that way eventually. I’ve got all the other prep/install advice if you want.
I own a Carpet One if you need a hook up for Porcelain tile.

What if you drop a wrench from high? the tiles will surely crack…Unless there is some kinda tile ment for that? I just skimmed over this thread. Remember ceramic will crack!!!

lol. good point

cool man thanks!

so that cat litter we used for a clean up might have made it worst… joe almost died today