Anyone got an Evo X?

weight reduction :tup:

typical evo owner - always assholes :rolljerk:

ISN’T THAT RIGHT JARROD?!

new STI has performance and functionality… to each their own I guess. Atleast the X has a big backseat for you to get railed in :tup:

I love how this sti vs. evo shit starts everytime :blah::blah::blah:

to be fair, my all evo owners are assholes is an inside joke from STPR… but i was serious about him getting railed in his X’s backseat :slight_smile:

I drive an EVO and I love the new STi.

yea, but you’re definitely an asshole.

i keed, i keed. :fuzzyfish:

LOL the new impreza was redesigned to be more competitive in rally while making it more functional for a daily driver… the new evo looks like they wanted to make the new galant vr4… Neither are really bad ideas but buying an X when there are 9s available is stupid.

+1

And as I’ve always said, the cars are too similar from a performance standpoint to argue about. The 2008 models have changed that a bit. I wouldn’t consider an X due to it’s weight. The 8’s and 9’s are pretty sweet though.

Chino, will this match the interior of the new STi as well?

You can’t really dispute the two cars on the performance spectrum because they’re very similar. I just hate the wagon look. I was considering the new STI, BMW 135i, and the Evo X. I have never owned a standard car, nor an awd drive, nor a turbo car, nor a 4-cylinder car. I was in to the American muscle cars until I realize that the foreign market is what’s holding value and what’s making performance right now.

If that new STI wasn’t a wagon it would definitely be on my list of cars to own before I die. BMW costs too much for aftermarket parts, so for what it’s worth, the evo had everything I wanted with a chance to mod it a bit and at this point in my life that’s all I could ask for. I still wish it was a coupe but what can ya do? I’m not here telling everyone to buy evo X’s, my first couple posts on page one discussed what I didn’t like about the car, so it may have gotten out of hand with the evo vs. sti but I didn’t plan on that :wink:

Ray Laks Mitsubishi. The salesman I dealt with was awesome, his name was Steve (for what it’s worth). I actually found the exact car he had on the lot at a dealership in IL for 5k less than sticker. So I called Steve up and linked him to the website and he matched the price, so I bought it. So basically I was able to get my car locally at the cheapest price I could find on the internet, which is what I wish you could do at Best Buy or something so I don’t have to wait for things I order online to ship.

Anyway, I heard they have a couple more in stock and have an MR. Too bad the MR is auto and has like 400 lbs more of computer work to get that done. And it probably retails for more than what I paid for a loaded GSR.

Not when the used 9s are going for almost $30k and don’t come with a warranty. I’m not bashing the 9 because it’s a great generation of the evo but it’s stupid to buy a used car at that price, when you could get a new one for a bit more with a 5 year warranty.

I’d just like to throw out there that of all the videos I’ve watched where the new evo beats out the new sti ( and there are many of these videos ) on the second episode of top gear the sti ran a quicker lap by a very slim margin :bloated:

Additionally the X has more power in it than most of the original reviews have shown, as Mitsu has gone through at least 2 reflash upgrades from the dealership, each bringing out more power, smoother curves and a longer range where full boost is maintained.

Also the weight savings going on in stripped Xs is rediculous, to the point where replacement CF doors don’t look like a viable option as they aren’t saving very much weight ( of course lexan windows are still used )

Lastly if the X handles better than the 8 or 9 shouldn’t that be all that matters? After 7 years of R+D on the CT9A chassis, the 8 has become a competent drag car ( the 9 still has cam problems) and isn’t that what everyone says? The 9 has more power and the X is a better handling machine? Well if you wanted to drag, why are you buying an EVO in the first place? :bloated: After 7 years of R+D aftermark support has been completed on the X, everyone is going to be singing to a much different tune as it’s running laps around it’s competition

Many enthusiasts don’t want a car that handles because of computer control.

Many enthusiasts don’t like ABS either, your point?

It’s assumed that most true time attack cars have auto things disabled and removed, such as ABS, AYC, etc. These cars are so prepped that the combination of extreme weight reduction, advanced suspension modification and experienced driver mod result in the ability to either have a naturally balanced (already 53/47) and even car or the ability to compensate for the car’s natural understeer.

The thing is, what % of VIII/IX/X drivers can legitimately say they can push a vehicle so hard that the computer “clicking on” and compensating is going to HINDER their performance? Furthermore, what % of evos are even tracked, in street trim? 5%? 10%? I’ve seen plenty of evo drivers cough jarrod cough who have modded their cars and still need all the electronics they can get.

i drive an evo and its my little drag toy :wink:

just took out more weight yesterday

Yo man, I just saw these yesterday…

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpost.php?p=5738352&postcount=1

With some Seibon rears and lexan windows, boom, easy 200+ lb weight savings :smiley:

Now if it only ran good times at the drag strip…

I remember when that was happening. Didn’t really matter to me at the time as I knew it was going to be a bit before I bought one. The no test drives didn’t last long at all and that was hardly the reason why the GTO’s didn’t sell. There is an IDIOT Dodge dealership offering a black SRT-8 Challanger for $57K, and you are not allowed to even sit in it before you buy it. Now that is some serious bull

Same with the new Cobalt SS Turbo. Though it is $30k less.