anyone running 265 tires on the rears of a s14?

i plan on running 265/35/18 on my rears but kind of iffy on clearance. i have my fenders rolled(could roll it a bit more) and running coilovers. the rims are 18x9.5 +30 and no multi link to.

any opinions/experience would be great.

thanks,
jon

I’ve got 255/35/18 on 8.5 inch +30 wheels. I have a bit of room before the tires rub the fenders BUT the inside part of the tire is very close to my rear coilovers. You might be close to rubbing the coilovers with that setup…not to worry though you can run some small spacers and a fender roll and things will be groovy.

If cgguy’s wheels come real close to the coilovers and he has 8.5" +30 wheels with 255 tires, you will definitely have a problem with your 9.5" +30 wheels and your coilovers. You have the same offset, but your wheels are 1" wider, which means you will have 12.7mm less between the tire and the coilover.

Yeah you’ll be close but keep in mind all coilovers a little different. I’ve got Stance which must be a good 1/4 - 1/2 inch thicker than say D2’s or Teins. Either way a small spacer will fix you up if you need them at all.

sounds good i think ill go w/ the 265

thanks,
jon

thats really wide!!!

Nope. Ive run that size 265/35/18 on 10-inch wide rims +30 offset and had no problems with a minor fender roll. Without the roll a bit of rubbage occured.

These tires dont happen to be going on some Nismo wheels do they?!!!

i’m going to kill you guys if these dont clear !!! lol. but i’ve been getting more yes then no’s for clearing and im crossing my fingers on this one. they should be on at bings meet… thats if they clear

koukis14 -> they’re going on my ray’s wheel lol … hhmmmm nismo wheels i could use a set of black ones

Sell me some LM GT04s!! :slight_smile:

You really shouldnt have any problems. If you do just buy some adjustable arms and tuck the neg camber in. They are like 150 bucks.

I think Mitch at JDM-Imports.com has a set of 18-inch black LMGT4s but they are in a Mens size offset so you need some blisters or something.

yea i tried asking him if he would sell them. he loves them too much he would sell his skyline before the rims.

damn it now i dont know if my rims will clearr :frowning: