anyone use FTA reveivers ?

Yea so ive being looking into fta hd reveivers and I wanted to get some input for I got and buy one. How do you guys like it and do you really have any problems?

do u need a superdish 1000 for those

there is alot you can use but thats probly the most common one used

kjhkjh

im sure u can, usually like 31" dishes r used. r they is good condition?

yes sir

seriously are all the fta channels crap or what?

no, u can get an fta hd reveiver and run it in 1080i so u will pick up hd channels im just not sure how many

Most of the FTA HD receivers are MPEG 2. All the new HD is in MPEG 4 so you won’t be able to use it.

Don’t use a Superdish. Dish Network is pulling everything from the 121 orbital and the superdish will be the same as using a Dish 500. 121 will still have programming but is going to be “business” related programs (i.e. the Purina channel for feed centers).

If you can score a Dish 1000, 1000.2, 1000+ or 500+, those would work. Otherwise just get a regular 500. I can get you everything you need brand new if you go the 500 route.

yea id like to get ahold of a 1000 or a 1000.2. Do you have the motors too ? Get ahold of me 946-8722

looks like dish 1000.2 with the lnb for 110, 119, and 129 for less then 100 shipped

you’re not gonna be able to get HD off of 129 because FTA boxes are MPEG 2 and 129 is all MPEG 4 stuff. If you want HD, aim a dish 500 at 82 and 91, thats the canadian dish network, and they use MPEG2.

im almost positive im going to use a dish 1000.2 with a sonicview 8000 hd so i will be able to aim at 129

motors??? huh?

yea to pick up out satilights they use motors to move the dish and u control it with the remote

um yeah.

Don’t bother. Its so much easier to just plant a stationary dish at 110,119,and 129 for the Dish Network channels and then put a second dish up for the Bell Express View (82 and 91 satellites).

Those motors they sell burn out pretty quick and don’t really work that great. Your better off getting a multi-switch of some kind.

what do u think probly a 1000.2 and a 500 ?

I would say a 1000 and a 500. Its easier to get those multi-switches that come with the free to air receivers to work with Dish Pro LNBs. The 1000.2 is a Dish Pro Plus LNB and won’t work combined with regular Dish Pro through one of those switches.

At least it shouldn’t work. I have never tried it so I can’t say for 100% certainty. I know for a fact that you can’t use Dish Pro Plus technolgy through regular Dish Pro switches.

You could even use the old Legacy LNBs if you wanted. The 1000 and 500 gives you more flexibility in my opinion.

Anybody got a list of channels you can get fta?

Everything Dish offers including all PPV. Everything Bell Express View Offers including PPV.

FTA is more of a hobby. If you are trying to make it work on more then one TV its a PITA.

Joe pays for Dish and has a FTA receiver just to get extra stuff. Thats the same way I would work it. I wouldn’t use it as my only means of TV service.