anyone use FTA reveivers ?

yup, i have dish network. and im only doing this to get hd channels and a ton more channels

No shit…

I would have thought they encrypt all the pay channels, they just let anyone with a fta receiver tune in?

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded,post:20,topic:36984"”]

Joe pays for Dish and has a FTA receiver just to get extra stuff. Thats the same way I would work it. I wouldn’t use it as my only means of TV service.

[/quote]

And this is why I haven’t bothered getting into it. Back in the PGM emulator days, and even Krypto, I had that as my only TV source and honestly it was more reliable than Adelphia, at least if you had access to a subbed bin like I did.

I keep thinking about getting to FTA for a winter hobby but I don’t like the idea of having a bunch more dishes mounted on my house. It’s bad enough with 2, if I start having 4 or 5 my neighbors are going to wonder what the hell I’m up to. :slight_smile:

I have a spare dishnetwork dish laying in the garage.

We switched to directv, if anyone wants it they can have it.

Dishnetwork made me send back the lnb when I cancelled the service, but I have the dish here.

[quote=“JayS,post:23,topic:36984"”]

And this is why I haven’t bothered getting into it. Back in the PGM emulator days, and even Krypto, I had that as my only TV source and honestly it was more reliable than Adelphia, at least if you had access to a subbed bin like I did.

I keep thinking about getting to FTA for a winter hobby but I don’t like the idea of having a bunch more dishes mounted on my house. It’s bad enough with 2, if I start having 4 or 5 my neighbors are going to wonder what the hell I’m up to. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

if you plug it into one of your existing hookups, you still get everything, plus PPV, movie channels, sports packages, pr0n, and the locals from most cities around the country :slight_smile:

I ordered my sv 8000hd with a 31" dish and a motorized setup. It should be here soon I hope. I will let anyone who is interested how it turns out.

Good luck with getting that motor to work past a year’s time. Silicone the shit out of it, if you can.

Yea I was planning on it. It will be arriving tomarrow. I missed it today :frowning: