Anyone want to supervise me change my s13 fuel filter?

Im at yonge and eglinton area and have the filter and think i know how to do it just rather have someone who has done it before. Ill bring ya a couple of cold ones so your hydrated and thinking clear.

Its easy man ull be done sooner then u think.

So i just went down and tried it and i live in apartment building mind u where im not even allowed to wash my car. I loosened the top one and realized i was not down for doing it. Tighted the top clamp and started the car and it started idleing up and down like crazy. Drove around the building and it took a couple minutes at least to work itself out but ftw? i didnt even take the line off? Did air get in there or something.
Yours truely,
Scardypants

When you’re dealing with the fuel system,always relieve the system from fuel pressure unless you want to be covered with fuel :P. Just a heads up

Was just a burp itll be fine. Go take the car down the road and do it. Dont be worried its not hard if u spill a little gas. Just because there will be pressure in the line. For some reason ive always found that when i take the gas cap off and let the car sit for like 10-15mins the spray back is very little. I dunno if that makes sense to u or to anyone else but it helps lol

To take the gas cap off was in the DIY post i saw so i think your right. Would make sense. It would probably inerupt the air pressure so it didnt keep siphoning.

taking the gas cap off is part of relieving pressure, but taking off the fuel pump fuse also helps. Takes like 5 minutes to do anyways,so why not lol

Personally i have a finiky stereo that works ever 3rd or 4th time i start the car and a speedo that cuts in and out. Im affraid to even take the cover off my fuse box. The old girl has been sitting for 6 yrs and i dont know the car so i dont wanna trigger and probs i dont have to right now.

i never did any of this… i just took off the top clamp bent hose up and took off bottom making sure not to let host fall and swapped in a new one… i guess i did it wrong :S had fuel on my hands :stuck_out_tongue: and a little on the ground…