aod to t5

i know someone is doing this swap right now on this board. what did you all have to do?

i know of removing the console to gain better access and plus the harness for the pedals is next to the radio wires taped up. i know to remove the seat and steering column to get access to the pedals better. some said the member is the same so same its different. im not worried abot the driveshaft. i heard that the 4 banger pedals are different can someone clearifly that? i know the speedo cable will work. what about hte tranny mount itself? i know of the reverse light harness you need or splice into the exsiting one. i know that i need two upper mounting bolts since hte AOD ones are to long. and problems with the starter? someone said something about hte bolts that hold the flywheel are different then the ones that hold the flexplate. any help would be appreicated

thanks in advance

you’ll have to cut the floorboard where the auto shifter is so the shifter will fit up just two slices and bend the metal foward ther is a nuetral safety swich on the auto wiring harness you’ll have to wire together the driveshaft is the same the speedo cable is in the place where the clutch cable has to go move it and put the clutch cable there then you’ll have to cut a hole for the speedo cable ther e are two different tranny mounts the starter is the same and I don’t know about the flywheel bolts and the flexplate bolts because we traded them hope this helps you out quik:D

oh yeah me and lee86GT are doing the swap right now:D

the tranny crossmember needs to be modified by cutting the spot welds so you can move the ends in and out for proper position on the tranny mount the flywheel bolts are different because it is thicker than the flexplate also you will need to cut the seperater plate so the starter will bolt to the bell housing if you have anymore ? let me know as i have done this many times

anyone know anything about using 4 banger pedals?
i read on Corral.net that you dont need to modifiy the member some said you do some said you didnt need to
you said seperater plate?:confused:

the pedals are the same as far as the member you will see that it will need moded. the seperater plate is the plate that goes on before the flywheel and seperates the block and bell housing also i would suggest changing the plastic quadrant for a metal one with adjustable cable while the pedals are out i think sonic03snake can get them for like $75 or $85 :dunno:

Originally posted by ragtop86
the pedals are the same as far as the member you will see that it will need moded. the seperater plate is the plate that goes on before the flywheel and seperates the block and bell housing also i would suggest changing the plastic quadrant for a metal one with adjustable cable while the pedals are out i think sonic03snake can get them for like $75 or $85 :dunno:
i dont if i have the seperater or not? im getting the tranny, bellhousing,clutch and shifter. Blkp42e could list exactly what im getting. do any of you guys have any parts lying around that i may need for this swap? i ll have shaggys car next to mine when i go about this swap. im thinking im doing this on the street:(

bell, clutch, stock shifter, tranny

does anyone know about hte pedals

Originally posted by Quik
does anyone know about hte pedals
the pedals are the same

i dont if i have the seperater or not? im getting the tranny, bellhousing,clutch and shifter. Blkp42e could list exactly what im getting. do any of you guys have any parts lying around that i may need for this swap? i ll have shaggys car next to mine when i go about this swap. im thinking im doing this on the street:(
you need flywheel , flywheel bolts, clutch bolts , clutch fork , cable ,quadrunt , pedals , and i think thats about it you have the seperater plate all fords have them you’ll just need to modify it

the pedals are the same
i seen on corral.net that someone said make sure you get 5.0 pedals not 4banger ones.

you need flywheel , flywheel bolts, clutch bolts , clutch fork , cable ,quadrunt , pedals , and i think thats about it you have the seperater plate all fords have them you’ll just need to modify it
ok, got a flywheel lined up, pedals check, cable and quadrunt check. you got any of the other parts lying around

i dont have any extra parts but my buddy is selling all of his
stuff i will find out & i will let you know.

so did you have any problems? i like ot know what exactly im looking at when i get into this thing

so did you have any problems? i like ot know what exactly im looking at when i get into this thing

its not to bad the neutral saftey switch u have to wire the
red&blue wire to the white&pink wire.everything else is the
same just bolt it on.