articzap = 2.2 turbo cavi

I talked to him today…he told me he stayed even with a 240. Then I told him there was a topic on NYSpeed about his car and he told me he’d have to check it out…
I think he told me 3-4 times that it isnt tuned yet. Then an hour later he came up to me with a box with 650cc injectors in it…telling me those were his injectors…I didnt really know what to say. lol

anybody that introduces himself that way is a totay d-bag imo…especially when he drives THAT

sweet vids keep em’ coming:lol:

He seems like an alright kid…he takes the critism with stride (guys at work make fun of him) example “Did any Bondo fall off on your way in this morning” "haha, fuch you…hehe. So, he must be used to the ridicule. He also had a hood on the car. It looked like it was just placed on there and held with hood pins.

Well I’m the kid with the cavalier! The car is far away from being done. I know its not that fast because its not tuned yet, and is also running on the stock map and injectors. It is not rwd, and ROB I believe I beat you from that 50 roll on the highway! I have done all the work myself, nothing was done at a shop! Its not a kit either. The setup consists of:

ENGINE:
FORGED WISECO PISTONS (STOCK BORE / COMPRESSION)
FORGED EAGLE H BEAM RODS (STOCK STROKE)
SEALED POWER MAIN BEARINGS
SEALED POWER ROD BEARINGS
COMETIC MLS HEAD GASKET
TOGA HP PORT FLOW STAINLESS INT/EXH VALVES (STOCK SIZE)
TURBO TECH UPPER RACING ENGINE MOUNT
TURBO TECH LOWER RACING ENGINE MOUNT
MITSUBISHI BIG 16G PORTED 7CM EXH 34MM INT WASTEGATE
CUSTOM STAINLESS LOG STYLE MANIFOLD
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
GM 3 BAR MAP SENSOR
2.5” INTERCOOLER PIPING FULLY WELDED
ARP HEAD STUDS
ARP MAIN BOLTS
VACUUM MANIFOLD
HKS SSQV BOV
650 CC RC ENGINEERING INJECTORS (not installed)
SNOW PERFORMANCE METHANOL INJECTION (not installed)
WALBRO HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP

EXHAUST:
2.5” TURBO BACK STAINLESS EXHAUST
O2 SENSOR SIMULATOR
NO CATALYTIC CONVERTER
DNA HIGH PERFORMANCE STREET MUFFLER
ELECTRONIC CUT OUT
MAGNAFLOW RESONATOR (not installed)

ELECTRONICS:
HP TUNERS (not installed)
AIR/FUEL RATIO (NARROWBAND) GAUGE
OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
VACUUM/BOOST GAUGE
EGT GAUGE
TRANMISSION TEMP GAUGE
FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE
VOLTS GAUGE
OIL TEMP GAUGE
WATER TEMP GAUGE
SONY HEAD UNIT
SONY 5-1/4 4 WAYS FRONT
SONY 6x9 4 WAYS REAR
PLAYSTATION 2
MOLDED 7” DASH MONITOR

SUSPENSION:
PROTHANE POLYURETHANE CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
FRONT STRUT BAR
REAR STRUT BAR
KYB FRONT STRUT MOUNTS
KYB REAR STRUT MOUNTS
ADDCO FRONT ANTI SWAY ARM
ADDCO REAR ANTI SWAY ARM
DROPZONE STRUTS
DROPZONE SPRINGS
CUSTOM REAR TIE BAR
CUSTOM FRONT K-MEMBER

Like every car, its not going to be done till its done! Wait till its tuned (May) then start laughing if its still slow, because it wont be! As for the body work, I didnt have it in a heated garage over winter so I couldnt work on it, and I wanted to get the engine finished before I started on the body!

why have you been racing it and taking it to the track not tuned? i’m really struggling for more words to say to you than that…wtf are you thinking? you are going to blow it up…not might…you are…just a matter of time.

its an interesting idea to say the least…i mean choko did up his cavy and that thing was a fucking monster…im just not a fan of the rice-ish stuff on the car…bro those graphics and body kit def need to go…that shit hasnt been cool since 99…and all those gauges? you dont need a volts,water temp and trans temp gauge…its overkill…the inside looks like a spaceship…you need 4 gauges, boost, oil pressure, EGT OR fuel pressure and a wideband AF gauge…im sure the car has some potential but i dont know how fast your expecting it to be on a 2.2 even though its semi-built…i know its a work in progress but like andy just said, its not a question on if it’ll blow up but when it’ll blow up, because untuned on stock injectors, it will in fact go kaboom…get er’ tuned asap!!!

Choko’s was a 2.4 DOHC. Those motors move with boost. This guy has an OHV pushrod 2.2… Pushrods are only cool in an LS1.

ooo ok nevermind then…it DEFINATELY WONT BE FAST then lol…if im not mistake isnt it automagic as well?

I am getting it tuned in may. Choko also went thru 12-14 trannys! The hydromatic auto trans is the better tranny to handle boost! I was going to do the manual swap but after talking to choko he said try the auto!

hmmm…pretty sure he went through no more than 3 of them…hydromatic? sounds like the car from grease…“this car is automatic…systematic…HYDROMATIC! WHY ITS GREASE LIGHTENING!!!”

either way i dont wanna sound like a dick and say the car wont be fast, but it wont be that fast…your lucky if your gonna be in the 14’s when its tuned and whatnot…your better off just putting it back to stock and buying something easier to mod/make fast…i know everyone says it and seldom people listen…but if you own an automatic car that wasnt made to be modified, DONT MOD IT!!!

silly people and their automatics <—lol :smiley:

question: is money an issue holding you back from tuning it? or time?

because, if it’s one of those…why didn’t you spend money on tuning before all of the other thuosands of dollars of shit you A - don’t need, or B - shit that’s cosmetic? and if it’s just an issue of not having time…again, why didn’t you use the time you spent on all the unnecessary shit to tune it?

Wait till its tuned (May) then start laughing if its still slow, because it wont be!

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Remove head from ANUS…

“laugh when it wont be fast, because it will” that deserves the kevin conway :tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown: lol

i wonder if hes gonna call swerve now and ask if he’s gonna hafta come down there hahahhahaha

this is the 3rd thread TODAY ALONE that i have to make note of how much i can’t stand n00bs lately…seriusly, shit’s making me angry.

The kit was done about two years ago, then my wheel bearing sheared and my wheel flew off ruining my front end. So instead of fixing the gay body kit, I started the turbo project! I still have a few kinks to get out of it then the tuning will begin. Its not money or time, it wasnt ready for the road yet but an asshole backed out infront of me and I crashed my winter beater, so I had to put in on the road asap!

he seems really excited all the time! i mean with all the !!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! im not gonna flame someone for trying something new! but you had to have known that boosting this engine was no good! esp with an automagic tranny! are you planning on building the tranny up!? or leaving it stock!? because you will leave gears all over the street once you get “tuned” if it is going to make some half way decent power! ahhhhhhh these !'s are killing me!

this explains why you’re driving it not, that’s fine. BUT:

you can drive it without going into boost/racing it knowing it’s going to blow if you do drive as such. stop trying to rationalize/justify yourself…

and, what about last summer at lancaster then? it wasn’t tuned then, and you tracked it…wtf…

Detatnation(sp?) anyone?

i would only hope to one night here the car take off, spool up, and BOOOOOM! blowing parts sky high and falling all over sheridan drive…nothing like it raining metal… I MAKES IT RAIN! WITH MY CAR EXPLODING!