Asshole kills 3 police officers

he was obviously a nut case, i just wish the news wouldn’t portray it as gun activists are nut cases, it’s playing right into their hands

Yep.

So I was talking with a client who lives directly behind the house where this happened. She grew up on the block. Her parents live 2 blocks in one direction, her husband’s parents live 2 blocks the other direction, and he also grew up in the area. When the shots were fired she called her brother, who is on the SWAT team(and lives in the nieghborhood). He told he was on his way and for her to get the kids and get on the floor in the bedroom. So grabbed the baby and the 5 yr old and lay on the floor with her husband. Around 11:30 they told her she was allowed to leave the bedroom, but not the house. At this point there were SWAT and police throughout the yard, driveway, alley… everywhere. She said the majority of the neighborhood is police, fire fighters or ems. She wouldn’t be afraid to walk down the street at 2am, since if she saw something threating, she knock on any neighbor’s door and they would protect/help.

f’ud up shit…

Eh… I was just in that neighborhood (on that block, even) tonight- yeah, it’s not exactly Homewood, but it’s not exactly Fox Chapel either and I sure as hell wouldn’t want my wife walking down the street there at 2 AM. I lived the first 25 years of my life in that area (first 19 in Morningside, next 3 in Highland Park, next 3 in East Liberty) and two of my best friends live one block from the shooting. Stanton Heights used to be an awesome area to live, but it’s been getting progessively worse each year.

Sad to hear. People like this make me sick.

Unreal that 3 cops lost their lives because of this asshat. I’m almost shocked that the police didn’t use any lethal action. You almost would assume when one of their guys is gunned down to death, that they would attempt to bring it to an end asap to avoid future fatalities. None the less a super tragic event. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen officers.

Man what a flat out shame. Tough job to be a city cop and not even have a fighting chance against what was on the other side of that door.

R.I.P. hopefully this dude gets whats coming to him, and not “insanity.”

Copland good flick

I have PTSD, and it is not an excuse nor a reason. By definition you can get PTSD from anything traumatic… whether its getting in a car wreck or spending 15 months in a hot ass sandbox and watching 29 of your best friends die infront of your eyes while you shoot back and feel helpless to them while they bleed out in the back of your humvee on the way back to the FOB, hoping they make it… dont speak on shit you dont know… There are enough programs and help out there for those whos lives (including my own) have been severlely impacted by PTSD, and who need the help and counseling to come to terms with what they have lived through… if he was in bad enough shape to a point that he needed therapy, it was there… his decisions are his own, whether you want to blame it on a mental condition, or the fact that he was a soldier at some point, or any number of other stupid uneducated reasons that you can come up with… you should edit your post, and just take out that stupid stupid comment…

RIP to all that were affected by this mans actions

Umm… Slocamaro is veteran an IED blew up his Humvee in Iraq

God sometimes your stupidity makes my head hurt.

I would think this part should be directed to The1SloR/T

not saying people do not understand. most people do not understand the crying night terrors shaking flash backs etc.

trust me i been through consoling for 3 years and talk to my priest a few times a week

well on this subject cents moon twp is so bad(lol)
moon does have assualt rifles trust me looking out your window to a cop holdin an ar15

it comes as a surprise

no they do not… nor the panic attacks or the fact that everytime you hit a pothole your heart jumps out of your chest and your adrenaline surges… sometimes to a point that you pull over… just the fact that your whole life in some way is affected by your decision to do something positive for yourself, your country, your family, and people you dont even know (who thank you by making sarcastic comments about shit they dont kno)… i just got back from #2… we were point and hit a 50gal. drum of HME and the concussion took my knee out… ACL/LCL/PCL/Meniscus all in one swoop… so im being medically “kicked out” if you will… they call it “medically retired” i call it “bullshit i aint done yet” … so bud if you want, ill be out in a few weeks… we should go grab a beer and shoor the shit… let me know in a PM with your # and such

all of it was

hey man if you need some help let me know. i have a friend that is a jag attourney. I went through the Med board and medically retired

just make sure you get a complete CERTIFIED copy of your whole medical records

yeah this shit is no joke… i got multiple copys of my records… they tried to boot me out quick with a low rating and i have an uncle whos a VA employment rep and he put me in contact with some ex-JAGs that work for the VA now… i wrote a congressional letter and the whole 9 yards… i got a 30% disability… i keep all benefits, to include my MGIB, PX/COMMISARY privledges, everything… Final out day is the 28th… I already won my fight… time to get the hell out of here… haha… but hey man if anything comes up… ill definately get ahold of you…

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.aspx?district=MDJ-05-2-42&docketNumber=PC-0000213-03

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.aspx?district=MDJ-05-2-03&docketNumber=NT-0000770-03

i think its not a great idea to have better weapons in police cars unless they are very secure. its not uncommon to see a police car unattended, whether on traffic duty, writing tickets or even hanging out in CoGo’s. all i take is one of those to get ripped off and into the wrong hands

i was driving through stanton heights around 10:30…had no idea that was goin on till i got home.

As chief harper talked about how the police showed great restraint i thought i dont want the police to show restraint in a situation like that. i want them to use all the resources they have, all the firepower they have to take that suspect out. there has to be a point where possible hostages are expendable. three officers down…i’m coming at that house like hiroshima. he could be holding the damn mayor at gun point for all i care.

Most if not all Pgh cars do have AR’s. But these officers were ambushed. in a matter of seconds the 1 officer inside the house and 1 entering the front door were killed, and the other responding officers who were on the street in front of the house were being fired upon… all they could do was take cover. One of the surviving officers was shot in the hand while attempting to pull the 3rd (who later died at the hospital) to safety behind his vehicle. There was just no time for these guys to get to their long rifles.

And by the way this terd never made it to combat, he was discharged from bootcamp for throwing a lunch tray at his Sergeant.

Also the weapons in Police Cars are secure, most would never be able to figure it out.

the city feels the need to spend more money on expensive trash cans then for new patrol cars and equipment for the police.

but most of the city police have higher powered rifles…

but no matter what you have, when you set up for a ambush your set up…

none of that matters 3 officers lost there lives. its a time for remembrance. you are asked to wear blue on wednesday and have a blue light in your windows and any flags you have to be at half mass

that is understandable to think that way,

but when your faced with a stand off in a community with house’s and other civillians around you do every means possible to control the situation, with as less force and gunfire as possible.

just going in cock strong with guns blazing ends up with more casualties and more officers down. its not the movies were the bullets allways seem to miss the officers…

your retarded moon twp being so bad??? the neighborhood were the shootings was a quite neighborhood. it dosnt matter where you are at. as you can see it only takes one person to cause tragedy and moon twp has many high profile bussiness.

i was just with moon police this week. yes there cars are outfitted with higher powered rifles…

and your comparing a community police force to a city force of near 900 officers. 30 guns are much easier to purchase then 1500.

My heart truly goes out to the families of those involved. And I also hope that the media and people in general can disassociate the fact that he used an “assault weapon”. It could have just as easily been a 12ga or a less “scary” looking .243 autoloader.

i didn’t know Dunhams needed to sell .50 cal sniper rifles to hunt deer in Western PA